What's new

Which of these methods is most common to your routine?

Typical shaving method?

• Bowl/Creams

• Bowl/Soap

• Face/Creams

• Face/Soap

• Palm/Cream

• Palm/Soap

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
During the week it's face/soap for me, and thus my most common routine falls in line with the plurality of folks here. Sundays I have a bit more time and like to relax a little, so I pull out the bowl and use a cream or soft soap.

Also serving as a point of distinction, I use mentholated soaps during the week for that crisp feel when I walk out the door, while Sunday demands a more relaxing, warmer sensation.

My preferred method is lathering on the puck, inside of a mug. This method is what most people of yore probably did.

i think you are probably right, look at old pictures and they have the shaving mug full of lather, even the cover of williams has it. that is how i started because i thought that was how i should do it, but i have found your much hated williams to work so well for me face lathering, i get easily 3-4 months from a puck where i was getting about a month out of a puck when i mug lathered.

It seems I run with the popular crowd on this one. I almost exclusively face lather with soaps. Of the soaps I have, I prefer the hard soaps to the soft soaps and croaps.

Mike

What I find interesting about this poll is the lack of cream/face lovers, Bowl lovers are pretty close with each. Also seems to be very close in bowl vs. face ( Adding cream and soap together ) And at one point, very recent, was a dead heat.

I voted Face/soaps but I also use creams occasionally. However, I've been exclusively face lathering since June.

Last edited:
Top Bottom