What's new

Which new adjustable razor would you recommend?

I can’t justify paying that much for a razor just now. Once I am more experienced and in for the long haul then it may be a consideration.
In Germany there is a Phrase that says
Who buys cheap buys twice.

But to be honest, for razors that might not be correct as cheap razors may not give Bad shaves and expensive razors not necessarily good shaves.
So a Rex is a great shaver, but the package Overall is fascinating, Stainless steel, great design, good weight, balance. It's a pleasure to use. Really.
But I enjoy a baili tto, eg, too.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

I would only recommend a slim or black beauty as they can be gotten for below $20 via the bay. If you can score a fat boy for below $25 grab it lol.

Of modern adjustable razors I've used Futur, Progress, Variant, Parthenon, 6C, Model T and the Rex. The Rex is incredible. The Model T is my next favorite. Then the 6C, then the Variant, then Progress then Futur. The Parthenon is total rubbish.

I can vouch for the Rockwell. It is a bulky head but I manage to do well around the nose/lip area. You can alternate between 6 different settings (although I have found #4 to be my preference).
Does your preference not change depending on the blade choice? One of the main reasons I want an adjustable is to try various blades at various settings.

The reason for an adjustable settings is that some people have soft hair some have hard or wire hard, some grow slowly some fast, some people shave every day some every other day, some once in 3-4 days or even once a week. So to make just one razor suitable for all those situations you want adjustable settings. I want mild razor, someone wants a little more aggressive and another one wants very aggressive

I have Merkur futur and I love it.
It is heavy,it is long but effective.
The weird thing is I believe all blades work in this razor even the ones I do not like.
The only downside is that it might be difficult to shave the upper lip area where a mustache grows.
The positive about this razor compared to other adjustables is that it has the best mechanism.
The upper Plate work fine and inserting the blade is very easy.
Also the blade is protected through the sidelines.

Does your preference not change depending on the blade choice? One of the main reasons I want an adjustable is to try various blades at various settings.
I am still learning this as I am new to DE shaving (about 3 weeks so far). I did purchase the complete blade sample so it will take me a loong time to figure this out. I seem satisfied with plate 4 as plate 5 was too aggressive after using the KAI blade for the first time.

I just got my Vikings Blade Emperor adjustable today. Really great razor. You can check out my review below. Around the cost of my Variant and shaves just as well. Another option if that interests you. I paid 4 bucks more for the Augustus finish. It also comes in a frosted chrome. It is TTO and minus the baseplate (Zamac) the rest is brass.

Emperor Augustus

I am looking to buy a new DE Adjustable razor and not a used one.

My search has led me to consider the following razors;

Merkur Progress
Merkur Futur
Rockwell 6C

Which of these do you prefer? Are there any other ones which you would recommend? Thanks
Parker variant over the progress and merkur razors

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

solo me falta la parker variant todos los nombrados los tengo, si tiene la bendicion de poseer piel normal , le vale cualquiera , pero si tiene piel sensible deje que su rostro le diga con cual se siente comoda uno puede decir yo quiero ese y su piel le dira yo quiero este entienda a su piel y obtendra afeitados comodos.

If you like cheap thrills the snmirn a merkur futur inspired offspring of the futuls
Magnetic cap, nice handle, smooth shaver, mild but if you open up pretty efficient, no blades nitpicker either, oh around 12usd on Ali express. Just as a futur a bit big under the nose.

I have a personal fondness for the Slim Adjustable (love the Aristocrat version!) and the Rex Ambassador, which has been my most expensive investment for a DE.
still, to be completely honest, I should admit that the adjustable I would really recommand is the Progress: a really impressive old champion!

Top Bottom