What's new

Which Knot Should I Get?

Screenshot (48).png

So I have 32 knots sitting in my Shave Forge cart (in addition to the knot I just ordered from TGN).

Some are for me, some are for some refurbs I'm doing.

A blend of synthetics, mixed badger/boar, 2-band, silvertip, and HMW.

However, I have one more knot to order as I have a Rubberset 200 that I want to try one of their Ultra Density knots in.

But I'm having a hard time deciding between the Ultra Density knot options. They have HMW ($42.25), Silvertip ($34.25), and 2-Band ($29.75).

For comparison I have tried their Finest, 2-Band, and Super knots.

I didn't like the Finest at all - way to scritchy for my tastes.

The Super was very good - but it cost more than the 2-Band which I liked WAY better.

I LOVE the 2-Band that I have from Shave Forge and I have a couple more for myself of that knot in this order. It has a great mix of backbone and softness.

However, the one regular density badger that I like maybe even better than the SF 2-Band (I have a Maggards SHD 2-Band that I like about as much) is an unknown manufacturer's silvertip which came as a reknot in a vintage Simpson that I absolutely love.

I've never tried a HMW (though I have a couple on the way in this order).

So should I go with the Ultra Density 2-Band because I know I love SF 2-Bands?

Or do I go the next step up to the Ultra Density Silvertip because I know I really like the silvertip I have?

Or do I go all the way to the Ultra Density HMW which has RAVE reviews on Shave Forge's website as well?

So many choices!

Shave Forge Ultra Density Knots

NOTE: I have emailed a similar request form Erik at SF to get his input as well.

Erik got back with me and said if it were him he'd order the Ultra Dense Silvertip - he said the HMW is definitely the softest but the silvertip is very comparable for the price difference.

Top Bottom