What's new

Which kind of Trac II cartridges are your favorite?

Does anybody like the Personna twin cartridges? I noticed that I can get a week of shaves out of them. They're cheaper than the Gillette ones, but sometimes the quality control feels spotty.

Has anybody tried other brands too? I've found the Dorco cartridges, the Supermax cartridges from India, and also the Gallant razor.

So many clones :001_huh:

Of the ones I have tried so far the best have been the Gillette Trac II Plus made in Poland. Sharpest and longest lasting.

I've only tried the SuperMax ones without Lube Strip.... I only got them to have something on a birthyear Trac2 handle that I was gifted. I only used it once... but for a cart it was a decent shave. Can't complain. unfortunately I have nothing to compare to...

I've only tried the SuperMax ones without Lube Strip.... I only got them to have something on a birthyear Trac2 handle that I was gifted. I only used it once... but for a cart it was a decent shave. Can't complain. unfortunately I have nothing to compare to...

You're too young to shave!!! :001_tongu Those things were introduced in '71. :huh:

Had some handles and cartridges that were my brother's or father's, not sure which, I chunked 'em in file 13. Do they have date codes?

You're too young to shave!!! :001_tongu Those things were introduced in '71. :huh:

Had some handles and cartridges that were my brother's or father's, not sure which, I chunked 'em in file 13. Do they have date codes?

Yes they do... I'll see if I can get a picture. Mine is an X2 and but I'm an X3.... close enough. Seems like X3 razors are hard to find nowadays ;-)

I found this on the web...

"Razor Date Codes began in 1950 and used the same system blades had used since 1930, a code that identified the year and calendar quarter of manufacture. These codes are found on the underside of the guard mechanism, or in cartridge razors, near the attachment mechanism for the blade."

But I ditched 'em 3 or 4 years ago, so the only ones I would have cared about are already gone. To be honest, I would have ditched 'em anyway.

I have consistently been using the Personna carts and although they are not quite as good as the Gillette carts, they are an excellent value and provide me an excellent shave.

Personna is my cart of choice, but I'm going to give the polish Trac II a try. The Trac II from S. Korea wasn't any better than the Personnas at three times the price. Dollar store blades are sharp and give me a lot of weepers so I'll pass. The ones from family dollar in the ten pack are personnas, but I don't see them anymore.

There are a lot of places online in the U.S. selling GII carts. I've heard they are made in Germany and much better than Trac II. Can anyone verify where they are made? I have heard Germany, Spain, England, and Poland. I have tried the PII and they are good. However, they are about the same price per cart as Trac II carts at Walmart.

Top Bottom