What's new

Which items were hardest to obtain?

We all had stuff we were looking for a long time, we spent much time searching and hoping we get them.

For me, it took me months to acquire the two razors I now have in my collection from James@WolfmanRazors. Patience eventually paid off. This happened a few years back. I take great care of them, not because they were too hard to buy, but also because they look like jewels. And they cost me an arm and a leg. Except from these two, it took me some time to find an Aristocrat set in nearly NOS condition at a flea market. This one is gone, I sold it a couple of years ago to a forum member. I haven't regretted it so far, but I know I won't be able to find such a great example again at a bargain. I'm not really into vintage anymore, but I know it can get much harder to locate a rare vintage in immaculate condition and this can cost you a lot.

Which were for you? I'm talking about items you eventually bought, not still looking for them. Of course, the item(s) doesn't have to be a razor. It can be a soap, a brush or even some blades.

+1 on the Wolfman, which was well worth the effort IMO!! It also took me awhile to determine my brush preferences, then to establish my badger rotation (Simpsons, Rudy Vey and a Graydog)! :a29:

Vintage Musgo Real shave stick. I had laid eyes on several in Porto a couple of years ago, but they were museum pieces. A member offered a stick to me after he found some deep on a shelf in a Portuguese shop. Very grateful!

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My British Hybrid Tech was the toughest for me to land. Had to troll the British bay to get it.

I didn't struggle too much with any of mine but some I just lucked out on.

For instance my first/only vintage I found in the wild was a really good condition NEW Deluxe big boy while on holiday.

First vintage I ever bought & I didn't know what it was other than a Gillette.

I have never seen one for sale in my usual hunting grounds.

Last edited:
Was about 4 months of waiting for the right one before I snagged a Grizzly Bay Torpedo.

Love that brush, use it 6 days a week at least.

A nice clean Fatboy that’s not insanely priced..... been trying but I just can’t find any accept on that famous auction site and the ones I’d shave with tend to get stupid expensive fast!!

Top Bottom