What's new

Which Italian soft soap should I get?

Many of the Italian soft soaps are good. Personally, I don't like Cella, and once I tried the Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse, I doubt I'll ever use Cella again.
As said, RazoRock, Vito's, Proraso, Valobra... All good. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

I have Cella, Proraso, and another that I cannot remember the name. The label came off the little stoneware container, but it is a mango scented soap.

Other than scent I cannot see a lot of difference.

Many of the Italian soft soaps are good. Personally, I don't like Cella, and once I tried the Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse, I doubt I'll ever use Cella again.
As said, RazoRock, Vito's, Proraso, Valobra... All good. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

So as someone who has tried both Cella and Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse, what were the differences?

As far as soft soaps are concerned, I like quite a few Italians.
But, unlike some of you, I do not like menthol and almond scents.
Proraso is an honest soap, but i cannot stand their scents, but the Red Bowl (Sandalwood): it is the only one my nostrils tolerate! :blushing:

TFS is high quality, even the cheap one, for barbers: an almond 1 kg brick that lathers wonderfully.
TFS makes also Razorock, Mondial and Barbiere di Figaro, if i am not wrong...
But I have an issue with their commercial politics! :sneaky2:

However, the ones of you who love intense and sophisticated scents should go in depth with these two Italian soaps...
You will be surprised! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Vitos(in the red) is still being made? I was wanting to order a sample or brick and can not find it in stock anywhere. Please help. Thank you

Son of a..... put it in my cart at razorbladesandmore there was still one in stock and went to place the order and it said out of stock. Guess I'll have to wait, again.

Easy ... TFS Barba Gialla. That is probably my current #1 Italian soap (price / performance ratio)

For the absolute best, I would say that for me it's the TFS Tobacco Verde. Very slick lather, subtle scent (not the "in your face" scent of Cella and the like)

I already wrote it in the thread about "My favourite 2014 soap" and I repeat it here: Ginestra di Taormina by Tcheon Fung Sing

Depending on the scent...
AccaKappa 1896
Felce Aromatica
Freelander generally speaking (my choices has been Lavanda, Neroli and Rosa)

Get the Cella brick or a block from the brick. Every wet shaver must try it. It's classic for a reason.

Skip all the rest and get a tub of Antica Barbieria Colla cream. It's worth the extra $$$.

Artisanal soap go for PannaCrema without any hesitation.

Industrial Cella or Proraso and you won't go wrong.

For a great post shave, try the Dolomiti, from Saponificio Varesino.
Not as slick as the Felce Aromatica, but a better post...

Top Bottom