What's new

which is your favourite shaving foam & gel?

hey i know some of you peple can stand them but some people do enjoy using them,
so which which is your favourite shaving foam & gel that you use?

got to admit i do like the proraso shaving foam and the erasmic shaving gel too

interested to see which ones you lot like

lasta

Blade Biter
My favorite is the good ol Foamy. With a slightly wet application it's as slick as any cream/soap. Plus it can handle some extra water added.

Proraso is great, scent wise. But a bit too dry and over aerated, doesn't take water very well. I still enjoy it, but Foamy gets things done better.

Only gel I can use is Nivea Deep
6390684_00_W460_H600.jpg

It used to be Foamy, but apparently they changed the scent from what I've read on here. I've always liked Barbasol, too, so it wouldn't be a huge thing for me to switch to that.

I really miss the Noxzema foam. Still got a can of that in my closet for when I break out the old Conair hot lather machine.

I left aerosol canned stuff behind some years ago. Tube shave creams work pretty well, though. There's also a shave gel (comes in a squeeze bottle) called Hempz that I have used that has worked well for me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
hey i know some of you peple can stand them but some people do enjoy using them,
so which which is your favourite shaving foam & gel that you use?

got to admit i do like the proraso shaving foam and the erasmic shaving gel too

interested to see which ones you lot like

Hello there!

I've used Barbessol, but its far too foamy, even for cart razor use, I felt it clogged the razor too quickly. Then for the longest time I was using Gillette and Edge shave gell's. Just before I became a wet shaver, I was doing electric shaves, using my Panasonic Arc4 shaver. But if I used it dry, it would make my skin so raw! I discovered a new type of shave gel that is non foaming, but it goes on thin, not thick like, just enough to give a razor lubrication. And that gel is from Tomb45. It made a difference, because the electric shaver was able to do its job a little better, and provide me a lot less irritation.

proxy.php

I recently used my electric shaver again, in order to really test out Duke Cannon's Ice Cold aftershave balm. When I used my Panasonic Arc4 shaver on dry skin, I remembered why I liked to use the shave gel from Tomb45 lol. While it has done far worse to me in the past, as far as redness, it did leave me with irritation, which that aftershave balm had to correct, and it did amazingly well. But yeah, Tomb45 shave gel, I recommend it, allows those electric shaves to go a little easier on me. YMMV

If I had no other choice it would probably would be Gillette edge gel with the orange cap. It’s been so long since I’ve used it though that the last can of it I had ended up self dispensing. Must have been a defective can

I don't really have a "favourite" canned shave foam, but I do use Barbasol when I can find it on the shelf. Right now, I have a can of Gillette Foamy. I'll even use the Dollar Tree brand shave foam.

The Italian PREP brand is pretty good. I also liked the Proraso in the yellow can. These are mostly used after haircuts for cleaning up around the back and sides. Not bad for a quick shave, either.

1664966499615.png
1664966549715.png

It used to be Foamy, but apparently they changed the scent from what I've read on here. I've always liked Barbasol, too, so it wouldn't be a huge thing for me to switch to that.

I really miss the Noxzema foam. Still got a can of that in my closet for when I break out the old Conair hot lather machine.
I still have one red can "medicated" Noxema left as well. I use it very sparingly.

My absolute favorite was Gillette Foamy Lemon/Lime. Its discontinued now BUT I found a case at a mom and pop store and bought em out. I also really liked the mentholated Foamy. Its discontinued as well. Ive only about half a can of that left. It was a great summer foam when you were in a hurry.

lasta

Blade Biter
My absolute favorite was Gillette Foamy Lemon/Lime. Its discontinued now BUT I found a case at a mom and pop store and bought em out. I also really liked the mentholated Foamy. Its discontinued as well. Ive only about half a can of that left. It was a great summer foam when you were in a hurry.
Foamy Lemon/Lime still lives on elsewhere in the world.

I live in Shanghai and can get this delivered in 30 minutes. Although, I prefer the original scent.
Screenshot_20221006-205434_eleme.jpg

I've used so few that I can remember, (probably Gillette and Barbasol back in my experimenting with the Trac II days 40-50 years ago). I have a can of something that looks like gel and transforms into foam that came in a Gillete Mach III gift set. Don't care for that at all. I prefer using a brush with creams or soaps so I probably shouldn't even be in this thread! ;)

For me - gels, no. Too much clogging.

Foam - Proraso and Barbasol.

Don't use these a lot. Leaves my face dry. That said, they're good when I'm in a hurry, or as a change of pace.

Top Bottom