What's new

Which is Your Dominant Hand and on Which Wrist Do You Wear Your Watch?

Left-handed, left wrist. Nobody told me that you're supposed to wear your watch on your non-dominant hand, and I just got so used to wearing it there. It does get in the way, and I wonder if that's why I don't often wear watches anymore.

My son's a lefty too, and has started wearing a watch - we make sure that he puts it on the right.

So far, including myself, 14 people wear their watch on their non-dominant hand and 6 people wear their watch on their dominant hand.

I am right dominant and wear my watch on the left. I was taught it protected the watch better. Its probably not even personal preference, but how your parents did it. Like so many other things in life I do a certain way, it is the way my old man did things.

Right handed, watch on left, facing outwards except when I turn it in to deal with a situation.

If you wear the watch on your dominant hand, wouldn't your friends keep asking you the time while you're holding a pint of beer? That would never get old.

I understand that it's all a matter of personal preference as there's no right answer. I'm just being a curious cat. It's like asking "When you cross your arms, which arm is on top?" Now try, crossing your arms with the other arm on top. It feels wrong, doesn't it?

I'm with you James...I find it fascinating those little things that we do everyday without conscious thought. The second you DO put some conscious thought into to try something different, it can have a fairly profound effect...Anybody around here with a background in phsychology want to weigh in? (not to hijack your thread:001_unsur)

You want to really blow your own mind, put your pants on stepping in with the leg opposite that you normal would. I swear, you would think the damn things are on backward!:001_tt2:

By the way, I'm a right dominant, left watch.

It can be useful to switch things around. I recently discovered that if I wear some belts the opposite way round to my normal, the buckles lie flatter.

I tried folding my arms with the unusual arm on top - it actually took me several attempts to make it work! :lol:

It can be useful to switch things around. I recently discovered that if I wear some belts the opposite way round to my normal, the buckles lie flatter.

I tried folding my arms with the unusual arm on top - it actually took me several attempts to make it work! :lol:

You're a genius! I have this buckle that I've always liked but it sticks out. I realize now that if I put it on the other way, it will lie perfectly flat. I can't believe I never thought of this before...Maybe I was afraid that the mental effort of trying to convince myself to put the belt on a different direction would make me black-out and wake up in an alternate universe.

This thread brings to mind the occasional confusion as to which foot to step with first when bowling. If I think about it I have no idea which one it is and I get thrown off. When I don't think about it (99% of the time) everything is fine.

As far as my watch goes, right handed, wear it on left. I wore it on the right recently for some reason, can't remember why, and it didn't feel right the whole time I had it on.

i'm right-handed, wear my watch on my right wrist with the face on the inside. this is mostly because i inherited one of my grandfather's watches after he passed away and that's how he wore it (he was left-handed, btw).

Top Bottom