What's new

Which is THE "Heaviest" DE Safety Razor ever made (past or present) ?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
171.5g
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
How's that shave? I've been trying to justify one of those to myself for years! Please say you hate it....

How's that shave? I've been trying to justify one of those to myself for years! Please say you hate it....
Let's put it this way. It's become my most used razor though I typically use non-stock handles. Mild but very efficient.

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There's actually a while article on ax shaving.

I had one of Tanuki's handles from West Coast Shaving. Was incredibly heavy; we called it the Punisher. Apparently that handle weighs only about 175 grams, a tiddler compared to some others. I sent it to relatives in Venezuela, where they are no doubt wielding it in battle against the Maduro regime.

Hi all, @Tanuki, Wow, that's a heavy handle. I just checked and it's 110 grams. Shown below is a BBNY & Co. (made in Turkey) handle which weights in at 104 grams (which is a bit lighter than the WCS handle). Pictured below is the BBNY & Co. Handle (middle) next to (on right) a NOS Gillette "Tech" Head (from a Travel set). The Gillette Ball End handle Tech looks small. The Gillette "Travel Tech" is on the left.
1575238364550.png

SixCats!

Last edited:
Hi all, @Tanuki, Wow, that's a heavy handle. I just checked and it's 110 grams. Shown below is a BBNY & Co. (made in Turkey) handle which weights in at 104 grams (which is a bit lighter than the WCS handle). Pictured below is the BBNY & Co. Handle (middle) next to (on right) a NOS Gillette "Tech" Head (from a Travel set). The Gillette Ball End handle Tech looks small. The Gillette "Travel Tech" is on the left. View attachment 1039826

SixCats!

West Coast Shaving sells both a ‘short’ 110g and the longer 175g.

I PIFed my 175g to @MrBeez , who regularly shaves with his 110g. Yowza!! Too much mass for me, but MrBeez is probably Clark Kent’s secret identity on B&B.

Yes indeed I am enjoying the WCS 175s PIFfed to me by @Tanuki. It's really a lovely handle. It looks scarier than it is. I tell you what it does and that's slow me down and makes me pay attention to all my movements. I've only used it with the closed comb WCS head that came with the 110 I got and to me that's on the aggressive side. So I really gotta pay attention - no chit chatting with the kids while I'm getting ready in the morning. The 175 makes the 110 look like a child in diapers but I dig it. Next I'm going to try it with a Merkur 25C head which will be more forgiving. Of course, the next logical next step would be the fine utensil @SixCats! posted above! :lol: :straight:

Top Bottom