What's new

Which is the best High End Razor?

Which High End Razor brand is Best?

• Total voters
Those familiar with very high end shotguns, have likely encountered the term "best". As an example, and to give perspective, if you commissioned the construction of a new James Purdey & Sons today, be prepared to open your wallet for at least $150,000. If you enjoy forums, be prepared for endless discussions on what exactly constitutes "best". What's fascinating, is they read almost exactly like this column. "My $700 LC Smith will shoot birds as good as that $85,000 Boss. Why isn't it a best?"
Thanks

And an interesting name, on that note. "Greener?" :001_smile

30E7BB85-2185-439A-A86E-0260B2D76DC1.jpeg
RS-10 by a hair over Timeless. Both are fantastic and I may be too picky. Love everything about both but wish Timeless had around 90-95 mm handle. But you can’t go wrong with ether of them. Since getting Timeless and then RS10 I don’t think I had any nicks. They are just a very well behaved razors with enough efficiency to be exciting. So far every blade used in both performed well. Very intuitive angle on both. Still use original ATT but seldom and it is now sitting in the drawer.

On that list I've only tried Rockwell and Rex. The Rex took the cake for one of the best razors I've ever used. I love my Rockwell Model T. I've spent the most on a Gillette Toggle and Eclipse Red Ring, of those two the Eclipse is my favorite. The Toggle was very underwhelming.

The term best will always be subjective and opinion based. I don’t think there is a best one. It’s like asking which kid is your favorite. As you can see is the best of the best, picking just one can be a conundrum before I shave each day;

CCC4C5F4-9B5F-4271-9354-F1C2AD59FE0E.jpeg

Last edited:
I did not read the discussion, nor that I see the poll results.
Nether I understand the purpose of creating the thread. Never have!

I am just here to say the razors I own are the best!

Imho nearly all high end razors (and lots of lower end ones), loaded with the best blade for everyone’s individual skin, can bring anyone a bbs...
I load my Blackbird Black Oxide with a Feather: hell yeah, maximum bbs.
Timeless .95 with a Feather: DNA test must confirm it’s me after all blood has flooded out of my body.
Asylum Evo T with cheap as hell Voskhod: my best shave! Same blade in a Rex (no matter the setting): burning sensation for 3 days...

So, if you ask me, there is no right and no wrong. You just have to try. And high end is not always better than a cheap one, you just feel better using a piece of real craftsmanship!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have only one razor on the list ATT. whilst I like it a LOT, I have no idea if it is the best as I have never used any others! A useless poll .

Top Bottom