What's new

Which injectors do the twin blades fit?

Forgive me for being too lazy to sift through previous posts, but I was trying to remember which injector models will take the twin blades. Thanks in advance for your time!

Short answer most razors made after the introduction of twin blades. That doesn't necessarily preclude some earlier razors and such but the ones made in the hey day of twin injector blades are guaranteed to have been designed to accept and work with twin blades.

For Schick injectors anything made after 1972 for sure. I am not sure the exact introduction of twin blades on the market but 72 on is guaranteed to be a fit for those blades.

For the Type K razors the 4th variant using the dummies guide or a K4

Type L any razor made after 1972 which is the 2nd and 3rd variants along with the 5th and 6th variants using the dummies guide

Type M adjustables any of the ones with the guard lever listed as ones produced 1973 and up as described in the dummies guide

Any Type N and O including the modern Type O clones can accept a twin injector blade.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've also known at least 2 individuals who have put a twin their Eversharp Fashion Razor (Type H) -- it is not recommended (by me at least), but apparently those couple of guys thought it improved the shaves for them. I'm also not sure what (if any) after-effects were on the razor head.

For vintage non Schick injectors these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that are twin blade compatible.

Gillette twinjector/Trac II injector.
Both are the same razor just with slightly different branding.

Personna floating head injector. Personna also has another injector razor that is a non floating head design that takes a twin blade.

All the Pal injectors except for the injectomatic should be twin blade compatible.

Some not so common ones are the Feather injector razors and the Filomatic F2 and Inox injectors.

There might be other ones in the vintage realm I am missing but this covers pretty much all the common ones you find on a regular and semi regular basis for sale.

On modern the Supply 2.0 though not recommended can take a twin blade using the 3 dot plate. It is also hit or miss if the blade will work. I've had success with a twin blade and that plate when I shave daily but not with multiple days growth. The other plates just flat out didn't work with the twin blade.

The modern Type L clone that is currently being sold does work with a twin blade. I know this for sure having used one in mine.

I've also known at least 2 individuals who have put a twin their Eversharp Fashion Razor (Type H) -- it is not recommended (by me at least), but apparently those couple of guys thought it improved the shaves for them. I'm also not sure what (if any) after-effects were on the razor head.
My wife, daughter and myself use Twin blades in the Schick H razors. We all have our own.

Some razors not designed for twin blades that I know can accept them is any Schick Type I or J as long as it isn't a lever version like the hydromagics. I don't think that the twin blade improves the shave in them in any way but by all means if you want to test that for yourself. With that said any Type L made before 1972 and Type M before 1973 should accept a twin blade but no guarantees they will work well compared to a single blade. Same disclaimer as above test at your own discretion.

If I didn't have at least 30 more shaves left in the Schick blade that's in my type L right now, I'd dump it for a twin. Can't wait.

For Schick injectors anything made after 1972 for sure. I am not sure the exact introduction of twin blades on the market but 72 on is guaranteed to be a fit for those blades.

Ads appear for Gillette's twins in 73, Schick I don't find until 74.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

What's the difference between the twin blades and regular blades? Are these sharper or less sharp? I assume twin blades were invented in the US (by whom?) and are there still any twin blades being made here?

What's the difference between the twin blades and regular blades? Are these sharper or less sharp? I assume twin blades were invented in the US (by whom?) and are there still any twin blades being made here?
There are two of them.
Same.
Gillette I believe. See post preceding yours.
No.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

You can buy them from Rakuten Ichiba. I signed up for Global Express and they arrived faster than if I'd ordered them from Amazon.

Top Bottom