What's new

Which Gin?

Digging up this old thread just to say...

Hendrick's

I'm not a big drinker by any stretch. We're talking one or two drinks total a month. I was at an industry conference at a nice resort last week and one of my clients recommended Hendricks for my G&T. It was fantastic.

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Digging up this old thread just to say...

Hendrick's

I'm not a big drinker by any stretch. We're talking one or two drinks total a month. I was at an industry conference at a nice resort last week and one of my clients recommended Hendricks for my G&T. It was fantastic.
If you like Hendrick's, I suggest you see if you can snag a bottle of Isle or Harris. It is another Scottish gin with a sugar kelp finish that is wonderful. Every serious gin drinker knows about Hendricks and The Botanist, for good reason. They are two amazing Scottish gins. Caorunn is also worth trying.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
We drink this at the studio now and then.

R (1).jpg

Being a cheapskate I like to save money where I can.
So you may like my conclusion of my gin martini preference after trying a lot of different gins, vermouths, shaken, stirred, etc.

I think that 80 proof gin consistently makes the best martini -- Gilbey's, Gordons, whatever. I'm partial to Gilbey's. Dolan vermouth is my preferred, and I vacillate between the more traditional 4:1 mix ratio up to about 7:1. The special addition is Ybarro olives ...... kind of hard to find and expensive, but oh my my. I shake the beejezoos out of it, as the water from the ice opens up the gin.

The above has brought several non-martini drinkers to the dark side, and has converted a few vodka martini loyalists.

I just found this thread and boy am I glad I did. I love gin! It's uniqueness is unrivaled in my opinion.

My goto is Bombay Sapphire. But when I want something just a little different but oh so good, I choice Sapphire East. It has added Thai lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorns. If you haven't tried this one go do it. It's really good! 😉

I just found this thread and boy am I glad I did. I love gin! It's uniqueness is unrivaled in my opinion.

My goto is Bombay Sapphire. But when I want something just a little different but oh so good, I choice Sapphire East. It has added Thai lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorns. If you haven't tried this one go do it. It's really good! 😉
Sapphire East excels in what, G&T, martini, ??

Top Bottom