What's new

Which frag would you wear on a first date?

I remember wearing Creed's Silver Mountain Water on one first date and she just had to know what I was wearing because she had never had gone out with anyone who wore something besides Calvin Klein scents.
When I was in college i was asked to go on a blind date with my roomate's girlfriend's roomate, I wore Aramis. What was funny was that my rm gf bagged on him for not taking any lessons from me on fragrance and how to wear it.
I went to a young single adult dance my church sponsored and was wearing Must by Cartier. It was so funny I had so many ladies asking ME to dance when a slow song came on that night. One nice lady told me," All the girls know how good you smell and they all want to dance with you tonight because you smell AMAZING."

This is a question that baffled me - I would always spend ages deciding.

It so happened that I was wearing Amouage Epic Man which is my Sunday scent usually. Date LOVED it and asked me to wear it again on the next date. :thumbup:

LMAO...I knew someone would bite. I read an article about fragrance that asserted Kouros supposedly makes British women "quite deranged." I have no idea if it is true or not, but it would be worth a shot...

If this works on British women and not just English women, I know a Welsh girl who this theory could be tested on. I'm in.

For the question on hand, I usually just wear GIT... but I'm new to scents and still finding that "million dollar feeling" from one in particular. Once I find one, I will wear that.

yeah, but I'd want to know if she were "sensitive to smell" or anti fragrance from the jump. It'd be a deal breaker and there would be no second date...just sayin' ;-)

But seriously, if she is, would you want a second date?

Like I said back a few weeks ago.
For a first date, I would wear The Veg.
If The Veg does not choose her, then neither do I.
I would not want to waste time developing a relationship with someone who would prevent me from wearing the fragrances and clothing that I enjoy.

I think I'd go with something very light also.

Don't want to overpower the lady, although a woman who would dislike/be sensistive to frags be a deal breaker for me. I'd just be gentle on the perfume for the first date, and try to subtly get her opinion about it during the evening.

Maybe a very distant, and single spray of Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb on my chest, and that'd be it (considering I'd apply a subtle or unscented aftershave and deodorant). I also find Guess Seductive for men to work well : the frag is not too strong, and dissipates quickly, leaving only a slight, discrete and wonderful smell.

Last edited:
I go light, but I almost always wear some degree of frag. Usually a spray on the chest/shoulder region (for the hug before/after of course). From what I have gathered from friends of the opposite sex and their constant conversing about men, they really do remember what a guy smells like. I'd rather wear a bit of something than have them remember me for being really neutral/unnoticeable, whether that be in either direction of the spectrum of enjoyment.

But seriously, if she is, would you want a second date?

Like I said back a few weeks ago.
For a first date, I would wear The Veg.
If The Veg does not choose her, then neither do I.
I would not want to waste time developing a relationship with someone who would prevent me from wearing the fragrances and clothing that I enjoy.

we're saying the same thing, except I wouldn't go all "scorched earth" on her by wearing the Veg, lol. I'd wear something that I thought she might like, based on what I know about her.

Top Bottom