What's new

Which ELECTRIC RAZOR did you use today (with SOTD pics)?

I agree 100%. However, the electric shaver manufacturers have to come up with new products to get their customers to buy new shavers. Rechargeable batteries removed the electric cord from the shaver while shaving which allowed them to be washed or used wet. Recharging also led to selling useless cleaning stations requiring purchasing replacement fluids to improve their financial bottom lines.

Since I purchased my Braun shaver in April I have used it daily. However, after having a tornado knock out our power and we relocated to a hotel I skipped a day of shaving twice this past week and was pleasently surprised that the Braun 7893s had no problem mowing down two days worth of growth. How long as anyone gone without shaving and was still able to use an electric shaver, without first using a trimmer, to get a close shave?

The longest time for me was 3 days , that with a series 3 Braun. Even 2 days makes the shave take longer.
I hadn’t noticed much difference in the time to shave. I’m not sure that the series 3 shaver has as strong a motor nor operates at 10,000 cycles per second as does the 7 series. My shaver seemed to have no problem with maintaining the speed while removing the beard. I hate missing a day of shaving because my face begins to itch by the second evening.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The longest time for me was 3 days , that with a series 3 Braun. Even 2 days makes the shave take longer.
Three days was about my limit too. Never really liked going more than two days. Each day added about a minute to the length of the shave.

Also I liked to use a blade at least once a week to get the occasional stray that would lay flat on the neck.

Three days was about my limit too. Never really liked going more than two days. Each day added about a minute to the length of the shave.

Also I liked to use a blade at least once a week to get the occasional stray that would lay flat on the neck.
Unfortunately, I don’t time the shaves after the second day but it didn’t seem any longer than usual. I don’t have any issues with hairs lying flat anywhere. Using a blade of any kind has resulted in the past of blood being drawn which is a situation I avoid like the plague.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Using a blade of any kind has resulted in the past of blood being drawn which is a situation I avoid like the plague.
Then by all means avoid the blade. I guess I'm lucky, cart, electric, de, se, all work for me. Never had any particular issue from one or the other. Carts probably irritated me the most if I went ATG, but that was when I shaved before my shower. Once I started shaving after my shower, the shaves improved exponentially.

EXCEPTION to that rule. With an electric I only shave before the shower. I need Williams 'Lectric shave to lubricate my skin. The electric goes right through the whiskers, hydrated or not. Hydrated skin though makes the razor drag and makes me not like the experience at all.

In the summer if working outside and all hot and sweaty and in need of a shave, it was always a blade because the electric just sucked in that scenario.

Then by all means avoid the blade. I guess I'm lucky, cart, electric, de, se, all work for me. Never had any particular issue from one or the other. Carts probably irritated me the most if I went ATG, but that was when I shaved before my shower. Once I started shaving after my shower, the shaves improved exponentially.

EXCEPTION to that rule. With an electric I only shave before the shower. I need Williams 'Lectric shave to lubricate my skin. The electric goes right through the whiskers, hydrated or not. Hydrated skin though makes the razor drag and makes me not like the experience at all.

In the summer if working outside and all hot and sweaty and in need of a shave, it was always a blade because the electric just sucked in that scenario.
Yes, high moisture makes the electric shaver head drag on your skin. Those conditions might be a case for wetting your face and use shaving cream. We keep the AC in the summer going full speed maintaining the temperature around 68 degrees. I shave in the morning before washing my face or showering in the cool air. In the past I have used a preshave stick containing powder which absorbed the moisture. The preshave stick worked better for me than Williams ‘Lectric shave.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Those conditions might be a case for wetting your face and use shaving cream.

I did give that a go, but it killed the whole point of the electric shave, speed and convenience, wet meant I needed to clean / rinse the razor after each used (I normally don't) and I didn't like it nearly as well as dry skin with 'Lectric Shave.

I did give that a go, but it killed the whole point of the electric shave, speed and convenience, wet meant I needed to clean / rinse the razor after each used (I normally don't) and I didn't like it nearly as well as dry skin with 'Lectric Shave.
I agree and never tried the shaving cream route for the same reason. If I had to shave in high humidity, I would get the powder stick. Amazon offers several different brands.

I used my Sanyo electric for the first time in years a couple of days ago.
I'm in Movember this year, and that calls for a clean start on November 1.
The electric helped remove my beard.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Sanyo, that's a brand I completely forgot about. They used to make stereo gear back in the day. No idea they made razors.

I used my Sanyo electric for the first time in years a couple of days ago.
I'm in Movember this year, and that calls for a clean start on November 1.
The electric helped remove my beard.
What model Sanyo shaver did you Use? Is it a rotary or screen type? I did a Google search for Sanyo men’s electric shaver and only came up with this one model, Sanyo SV M730 Electric Battery Operated Pocket Shaver. That model is available on Amazon and is powered by two AA size batteries.

Sanyo, that's a brand I completely forgot about. They used to make stereo gear back in the day. No idea they made razors.
Sanyo was large a Japanese electronic company which was acquired by Panasonic in 2008. Check out Sanyo on Wikipedia.

What model Sanyo shaver did you Use? Is it a rotary or screen type? I did a Google search for Sanyo men’s electric shaver and only came up with this one model, Sanyo SV M730 Electric Battery Operated Pocket Shaver. That model is available on Amazon and is powered by two AA size batteries.

Screen type. I will look up the model number when I get a chance. Mine comes with a charger.

Is anyone here using their electric for head shaving or just their face?
The first and last time all in one. It was my first head shave, I used a trimmer then jumped in the shower used foam and a Panasonic.... When I dried up most of the stubble was there so I kept using the same razor now dry....but it burnt like hell. So I still had a lousy shave and a wicked scalp pain...had to use burn aloe gel w lidocaine three times before I was able to sleep. Gillette to finish the job next morning .

Top Bottom