What's new

Which ELECTRIC RAZOR did you use today (with SOTD pics)?

Braun Series1 190s
upload_2019-6-8_23-7-45.png

As I couldn't find one of these "what did you use today" threads for ELECTRICS, I thought I'd start one.

Please post pics if you can (we LOVE pics) and include any other gear you may have used for your SOTD. Obviously "wet electric shavers" will have more ancillaries than "dry electric shavers."

And don't forget to add anything you may want to chat about (with relation to your shave and razor).

FOOTNOTE
Another reason for starting this thread was to show Marcus @mjclark how far off the rails I'd fallen. :letterk1: :laugh:

Braun Series1 190s
View attachment 988769

As I couldn't find one of these "what did you use today" threads for ELECTRICS, I thought I'd start one.

Please post pics if you can (we LOVE pics) and include any other gear you may have used for your SOTD. Obviously "wet electric shavers" will have more ancillaries than "dry electric shavers."

And don't forget to add anything you may want to chat about (with relation to your shave and razor).

FOOTNOTE
Another reason for starting this thread was to show Marcus @mjclark how far off the rails I'd fallen. :letterk1: :laugh:
Far far gone man!
Respect is due.

My last shave with the Braun Series-9 about a month ago before I went back to full time with my double/single edge razors. The newer Brauns really give a smooth comfortable shave.

Clayton
proxy.php

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Hey guys MAN UP! :001_302: Or is it only Clayton and me that are prepared to admit that we use electrics? :001_tt2:

ELECTRIC SOTD

Razor:
Braun Series1 190s
ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2019-6-10_17-19-14.png

For presentable, but nowhere near BBS, the 190s does a good job (and it's inexpensive too). :001_smile

Hey guys MAN UP! :001_302: Or is it only Clayton and me that are prepared to admit that we use electrics? :001_tt2:

ELECTRIC SOTD

Razor:
Braun Series1 190s
ASL: Proraso Red
View attachment 989307

For presentable, but nowhere near BBS, the 190s does a good job (and it's inexpensive too). :001_smile
I have a Series-7 too. There's nothing wrong with using an electric shaver.

Clayton

My Braun 7893s shaves just keep getting better since I bought it on April 27th. I last charged the battery on the second of June and the 50% charge indication is still illuminated. Amazing battery capacity. The last recharge lasted 17 days of comfortable, close shaves.

I not only admit to it but wouldn’t use anything else but an electric. Anytime I try to use a blade razor I manage to cut myself at least a couple of places. Blade shaving, too much work, too much stuff and too much pain.

My last shave with the Braun Series-9 about a month ago before I went back to full time with my double/single edge razors. The newer Brauns really give a smooth comfortable shave.

Clayton
proxy.php

The series 9 must give a great shave since it’s more expensive than the series 7. If it gives you a great shave, why do you need all that other stuff? Also, why go back to a single/double edge razor?

The series 9 must give a great shave since it’s more expensive than the series 7. If it gives you a great shave, why do you need all that other stuff? Also, why go back to a single/double edge razor?
I still enjoy using my DE, and Single Edge Razors. The wetshave I get from my either of my Brauns is as close as a shave from any of my single edge razors. The series-7 in my opinion gives just as good a shave as the Series-9 it just takes a few more minutes of shaving to get there.

Clayton

I still enjoy using my DE, and Single Edge Razors. The wetshave I get from my either of my Brauns is as close as a shave from any of my single edge razors. The series-7 in my opinion gives just as good a shave as the Series-9 it just takes a few more minutes of shaving to get there.

Clayton

Although I used a Panasonic ES8103 for the past five years I never tried shaving wet. To me it seems a waste of time and money to lather up your face to shave with an electric shaver. If I’m Going through all that effort why not just shave with a blade other than the shedding of blood? In my opinion the beauty of the electric shaver is that you can roll out of bed, do a fast shave before showering with minimum thinking even if you are only half awake.

Does anyone have a cleaning station for their shaver?

Although I used a Panasonic ES8103 for the past five years I never tried shaving wet. To me it seems a waste of time and money to lather up your face to shave with an electric shaver. If I’m Going through all that effort why not just shave with a blade other than the shedding of blood? In my opinion the beauty of the electric shaver is that you can roll out of bed, do a fast shave before showering with minimum thinking even if you are only half awake.

Both my Brauns have cleaning and charging stations. Most of the time especially during the work week early in the morning I dry shave with whichever Braun is in use that month. When I have extra time I like to enjoy a wetshave. The Brauns really give an excellent wetshave. Your ES-8103 should too, give it a try.

Clayton

Cleaning station got thrown out the first week since it was so big. I have a Philips Shaver.

Cleaning station got thrown out the first week since it was so big. I have a Philips Shaver.
I don’t have nor would I have a cleaning station. Besides taking up valuable space they waste electricity and provide the shaver manufactures with a steady revenue stream for fluid. What’s wrong with rinsing the shaver under running water to clean it.

Reactions: Anu
Both my Brauns have cleaning and charging stations. Most of the time especially during the work week early in the morning I dry shave with whichever Braun is in use that month. When I have extra time I like to enjoy a wetshave. The Brauns really give an excellent wetshave. Your ES-8103 should too, give it a try.

Clayton

Just a dumb question. Why do you have both a series 7 and series 9 Braun shavers?

Braun Series1 190s
View attachment 988769

FOOTNOTE
How old is that Braun shaver and do you still use it?

Just a dumb question. Why do you have both a series 7 and series 9 Braun shavers?
I bought the Series-7 a few years ago and only replaced it with the Newer Series-9 because it's motor was going out. I purchased the Series-9 as an open box store return that did not have it's original box. It was unused and had everything with it and I got it super cheap. I ended up getting a new handle for the Series-7 and it only cost me $43.

Clayton

I don’t have nor would I have a cleaning station. Besides taking up valuable space they waste electricity and provide the shaver manufactures with a steady revenue stream for fluid. What’s wrong with rinsing the shaver under running water to clean it.
They don't waste that much electricity and I make my own cleaning solution.

Clayton

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

One of the specific reasons I love the Panasonic Arc-5. It has a special vibratory cleaning mode that just uses whatever liquid soap or foam you have on hand. No station/refills/revenue stream required. My Norelco 4100 just gets rinsed with soapy water and does just fine too.

I bought the Series-7 a few years ago and only replaced it with the Newer Series-9 because it's motor was going out. I purchased the Series-9 as an open box store return that did not have it's original box. It was unused and had everything with it and I got it super cheap. I ended up getting a new handle for the Series-7 and it only cost me $43.

Clayton

Wow, I’m surprised that the motor was going out. I can understand that the lithium ion batteries fail after a few years but not the motor. Where were you able to find the open box series 9 and a new handle for the series 7 at such a low price? After all the handle contains most of the working parts of the shaver.

Top Bottom