What's new

Which do you prefer?

I'm more on the cream side of the fence. I find it easier to build a cushiony lather and they seem to be kinder on my face. Only downside is the cost.

My first soap was Williams, which didn't go so well. I got into creams a little bit, and amassed a drawerfull of soap samples along the way. I experimented with superlathers here and there, but was pretty indifferent to soaps. Then one day, I got a bug for something new and dug into the drawer and found a sample of Gold-Dachs that came in a wax paper envelope. It was dry and oddly-shaped, butI gave it a shot and the shave was phenomenal. From there, I've gone over to the Soap side, and my creams don't get much time in the rotation anymore.

For the most part I'm a soap guy. Once in a blue moon I'll take a detour down the creams path but more often than not it's soap. Why? Well, first off, IMHO, soaps just feel better, they really give the no kidding old school shave feeling. I also enjoy washing my face with what's left in my brush after the third pass. What's more, soaps are cheaper and seem to last longer.

Soap, but I do love Omega cream. I think soap is a bit more substantial as a finished lather and is substantially cheaper.

Yeah, soaps are cheaper. I get good lathers with them, but sometimes I just want to load that badger up with cream. I'm using the Body Shop Maca Root cream and like it a lot. It is natural ingredients and Free Trade, I believe. But soaps are the regular, probably a lot due to cost.

Both! I prefer a super lather. I currently use Kiss My Face with either William or Col. Conk World's Bay Rum soap. I have bought some VDH but I haven't tried it yet. I want to try AOS Soap next. My favorite mug is a hand painted Italian teacup that I bought in a thrift store.

Dave

I prefer soap. It takes a little more work to lather (not much) but provides a better cushion. I get better shaves with soap.

I guess I would have to say that because I still consider myself new to this, I haven't used enough different samples and styles to make a formal conclusion. That being said, I think that soaps have a slight edge right now for me. I've used both and enjoy each for their own qualities. Time will tell.

I use both, but I could use european palmolive and ingrams menthol cream on a semi permenant basis quite easily.

Cream is available cheaply in the stores here so I tend to use it more.

I use creams about 4 out of 5 times. KMF unscented or Proraso.
I much prefer the KMF, and you can't beat the price.

Otherwise, VDH soap is next; all types. I haven't bought any other soap as I am allergic to perfumes.

I used to be into creams, then both but I'm long since and now a soap guy. I don't remember the last cream I used.

Soap is just so much better and it last five times as long.

It is a hard call between the creams and the traditional hard soaps (only EJ so far). The glycerin soaps are in distant third for now.

SOAP! + many many times...:001_smile

I have/use both, but I'm finding myself becoming more and more of a soap guy, definitely. That does NOT mean I'll skip the creams, no, but soaps get much of the game in my rotation, and that's for sure. Actually, I tend to use my creams a little more in the winter time, or a high-end, nice perfume cream in a hot mug to enjoy it as a full experience once in a while, say on a sunday or for an evening shave (not that you do not get such things out of a soap, instead, soaps can provide a luxurious shave everyday; and then you feel spoilt :biggrin: !!)

Oh, and surely you wanna know why soaps!?:rolleyes:
Well, old school feeling, better results, lasts longer, cheaper, handy/hassle-free, blah blah blah...
Have you been reading what they said!? :001_huh: Still here...??

Come on! Creams are for sissy newbies who can't lather properly:prrr:
Real men USE soap, period. :kyle1:
GO GET SOAP!!
:lol::lol::lol:

C_J

I've only used soap once (from Classic Shaving), but liked building lather with it much more. I've only been wetshaving about a month and been using Proraso in a tube. We have very hard water and getting a decent lather is difficult. I found making lather w/ the soap a little easier.

Top Bottom