What's new

which de razor should i get from these ones?

hello there seen a few de razors on amazon that i like but not sure which one to go for so i thought id ask you lot for youre opinion and thoughts please

like the idea of this one as i've never owned a fatip de razor and its a long handle, so might help with shaving the head
FaTip Retro Medium/Large Nichelato Double Edge Safety Razor

like this fatip because of the colours and also got to different plates
FaTip Special Edition Double Edge Safety Razor with 2 Different Plates

never owned a edwin jagger but this is the de86
Edwin Jagger Short DE86 Black Rubber Coated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger Short DE86 Black Rubber Coated Double Edge Safety Razor: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01H3P10OE/?coliid=I3MNQE7YS33CMO&colid=1HI885GRUWWT5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

is there any differences between the above edwin jagger de86 and this below?
Edwin Jagger Amazon Exclusive Kelvin Chrome Plated Knurled Handle Double Edge Safety Razor

heres a parker, never owned one before, this one any good?
Parker Safety Razor 89R 120 g

last but not least a merkur again with the merkur never owned one and dont know anything about them too, is it any good?
MERKUR DOVO 15C Safety Razor

which would you go for and why?

i am leaning towards the first one because its got a long handle and its open comb but im open too

anyways many thanks saj :)

EJ heads are all the same...just different handles. The black rubber coated handle one was my very first DE. The short handle kelvin models are exclusive to Amazon.

Reactions: saj
EJ DE89 should do well for you when starting out. Later on, you can try other things. Use a blade on the sharper end of the spectrum for best results.

EJ heads are all the same...just different handles. The black rubber coated handle one was my very first DE. The short handle kelvin models are exclusive to Amazon.
yea i preferred the look of the handle on the kelvin compared to the de86 but yea both are nice just a matter of personal preference imo

EJ DE89 should do well for you when starting out. Later on, you can try other things. Use a blade on the sharper end of the spectrum for best results.

will use nacet/feather/wilkinson sword or green astras

if its anything like the muhle r89 i got im looking forward to using it

yea will probably use nacet/feather/wilkinson sword or green astras

btw whats the best bic de blades in your opinion?
I can only speak for the Chromium Platinum. I have not been able to lay hands on the BIC Astors.

After the first shave, the BIC acts like a new Feather, not quite as sharp, but barely a step down.

I can only speak for the Chromium Platinum. I have not been able to lay hands on the BIC Astors.

After the first shave, the BIC acts like a new Feather, not quite as sharp, but barely a step down.

i know you use feathers at the moment from reading your posts but what made you change from bic to feather?

just the sharpness?

i know you use feathers at the moment from reading your posts but what made you change from bic to feather?

just the sharpness?
I would still be with BIC but I kept hearing about counterfeit BIC blades that were terrible. I finally decided I couldn’t find a reliable source of bulk BIC blades and went with Feather since I’ve never heard anything bad about them.

I would still be with BIC but I kept hearing about counterfeit BIC blades that were terrible. I finally decided I couldn’t find a reliable source of bulk BIC blades and went with Feather since I’ve never heard anything bad about them.
i ordered a sampler pack pretty sure theyve got bic in the pack so looking forward to trying that,
might chuck two into my saiver double de razor see how sharp it is exactly :)

I ordered some from Gifts&Care in Spain that were very good. They were even on sale at the time. I think I bought 50 of them. That was to go along with some other things from there, since shipping was somewhat expensive.

1608077988426.png

Top Bottom