• Original Santal

• Original Vetiver

• Royal Delight

• Tabarôme

• Royal Water

• Neroli Sauvage

• Whatever Art chooses

Results are only viewable after voting.
Creed is another of those fragrances preferred by many here at B&B. Being as SWMBO would like to provide me with some of these fine scents for Christmas, and without knowing my preferences, I would like to know which Creed scent is considered the best by members here.

Read my response on your other thread about this same subject, as I don't think you'll necessarily be pleased with a scent that's picked out by a bunch of strangers with no knowledge of you and your preferences.

I know you know this, by you really should find a Saks or Neiman-Marcus that carries Creed and sample some. Aside from figuring out which scent you like, my experience with Creed is that some of their scents are significantly more long-lasting than others, which I personally think is a big consideration at this price point.

Not to make your choice any harder, but if you like vetiver, Creed's older "Vetiver" (as opposed to "Original Vetiver," which is actually more recent) is also very nice.

My favorites are Vintage Tabarome and Bois du Portugal. If I would find a couple of hundred dollars in the pocket of an old coat, I might go down and pick up a bottle of Royal English Leather. Or Cuir de Russie. Or...

They have Creed at the Saks in Raleigh--maybe they do out your way too?

As I've been on a bit of a Creed sampling binge recently, I thought I'd give a more detailed response than my prior post. Here's what I think so far:

Like the scent, long-lasting
Bois du Portugal
Orange Spice

Like the scent, not as long-lasting
Silver Mountain Water
Millesime Imperial

Liked it based on one spray in the store, no opinion on staying power
Vetiver
Himalaya

Did not like; unfortunately also long-lasting
Royal Water

GIT and Bois du Portugal will probably be the winners here. They are both fairly modern classics. Sort of best on more mature men. Unless you're very young, I don't think you could wrong with either of these two.

Imperial, SMW, Himalaya are a bit more contemporary, more youthful- lighter scents.

They also make some real hard core old school scents- Royal Scottish Lavendar, Royal English Leather.

I'm with obsessed on their Vetiver. I like the 1948 version, not "Original" Vetiver which is a more recent reformulation. (Why the **** isn't the original version called "original?" Quirky.)

But you ought to test for yourself.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Vetiver (1948 version)
Tabarome
Santal original
Himalaya
Need to get BdP its on my list for some time now.

I like their old stuff much, much more than the new stuff. So I couldn't vote in your poll. All me to write in my candidates in no particular order.

Royal English Leather
Vintage Tabarome
Cuir de Russie

Thanks for the votes, guys. I just wanted a general consensus on what seems to be the most popular. I'll have to run out to the Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and the likes to check these out.

I'm not sure about "Best" but Neroli Sauvage is a great scent that's often overlooked. Santal Imperial and Creed Baie De Genievre are really nice too. Vintage Tabarome is probably my favorite but it's pretty much impossible to find right now.

The fact that Selection Verte is not on the list is embarrassing for the TS.
And the fact that Royal Water is on the list compounds the embarrassment.

I realize Selection Verte a private Collection scent, and only available in 8.4oz Flacons, but it is an absolute masterpiece everyone here should experience.

All that said...
...Green Irish Tweed > the lot

Top Bottom