What's new

Which Creed cologne has the best longevity and sillage?

GIT does fade a bit. I really wonder if it really only lasts two hours on OP though. Aventus is said by many to be long lasting, but I seem to be scent blind to it after a half hour.

i wonder if OP is scent blind after a bit too as GIt seems to be okay for more than 120min on me.

Of the Creeds...I suggest you try out Aventus, it gets a lot if praise on basenotes/fragrantica/Facebook. I have the z01 batch and it has very good sillage with very good longevity as well. For me, the second choice would be Silver Mountain Water. Try out what works for you!
Regards

these both are excellent suggestions for the Creed line. Since you said your a big fougere fan, I would suggest you try Fougere Royal by Houbigant, plus the longevity is fantastic.

Longevity varies a bit in the Creed line. Even my two different bottles of Aventus have wildly different amounts of longevity.

However I usually get:

Aventus (120ml) - 7-8 hours
Himalaya (30ml) - 5-6 hours
Green Irish Tweed (75ml) - 3-4 hours
Aventus (30ml) - 2-3 hours

Bois du Portgual found it on Overstock for 122.00 for 2.5 oz Any concerns as to whether this is legitimate juice or not?? big difference from fragrancenet.com at 190 for same size before discount. May go with Perfumed court for a decant first. Other suggestions always welcomed.

you have all been very helpful. appreciate that

I think a blind buy on this is acceptable. Bois de Portugal is not only one of the best from Creed but easily resalable. I can't say with 100% confidence that Overstock is legit but if Walgreen's can sell Creed I don't see why Overstock can't sell it too. Probably just fine. I'd do it.

Bois du Portgual found it on Overstock for 122.00 for 2.5 oz Any concerns as to whether this is legitimate juice or not?? big difference from fragrancenet.com at 190 for same size before discount. May go with Perfumed court for a decant first. Other suggestions always welcomed.

you have all been very helpful. appreciate that

Why buy it from overpriced.com for $122 when you can get a tester 2.5 oz (samething without the cheaply-made creed box) for $82 dollars including shipping after a 12% off coupon (code# pcj12offmen) from this site
http://www.perfume-worldwide.com/product.php?code=M-T-1299

I have bought from this site before so purchase with confidence. You're welcome! :D

thanks Scentfreak for the site. i've ordered a decant and if I like it I'll definietely buy from the site.
Mike

thanks Scentfreak for the site. i've ordered a decant and if I like it I'll definietely buy from the site.
Mike

With pricey juice, decant first is always way to go. Especially if you, like me, want longevity. You need to wear it as you would normally wear it. Personally, I have issues with BdP and other sandalwood scents. But I have seen more than enough comments about BdP to know it's likely a "me" issue and not the scent. I think I go a bit scent blind to some synthetic sandalwoods.

Bois Du Portugal is a monster. It lasts over a day on my skin.

Excluding limited editions, Original Santal is their longest lasting fragrance.

Same with me-BdP lasts over 12 hrs. Same with Orange Spice. Original Vetiver, in my limited tries, was a disappointment in that it lasted barely 2 hrs.

Same with me-BdP lasts over 12 hrs. Same with Orange Spice. Original Vetiver, in my limited tries, was a disappointment in that it lasted barely 2 hrs.

That's the pisser about this stuff. I have a dense nose, and OV lasts all day on me. Strongly. And my skin eats a lot of frags.

I get a good 8-12 hrs with Original Vetiver as well. And the batches don't vary that much with this one.

i"m with you Stylin LA i used some EDTurpentine yesterday and after an hour "I" couldn't smell a thing, but everyone else was giving me a wide berth

It's important to note that your nose can easily get used to a fragrance. For example; for Aventus, GIT, and other Creed fragrances people state that they no longer can smell the fragrance but then state they get compliments from other people.

Last edited:
I can definitely vouch for Aventus. Put it on at 7:30 this morning and people could smell me from a decent distance about 8 hours later (around 330). Was with the Z01 batch for clarification (don't worry about batches, only one from years ago was considered "bad"). Probably your best bet for a Creed (if you are going for the house signature "fresher" vibe). Original Santal supposedly has good longevity as well but that is a sweeter scent. Avoid Imperial, Silver Water, and Himalaya as those all have rather low marks in those areas in general.
The batch variation thing with Aventus is a joke. First, one person's interpretation of pineapple can be very different than another person's interpretation of pineapple. Then fragrances can smell different on different people. Also, over time your ability to discern smells changes, so a fragrance that smelled one way could smell differently a couple of years later. Finally, the preferred batches by people varies. One person will say a particular batch has more or less smoke than another batch, but then go on a different website and someone else has a different interpretation of how that preferred batch smells.

In general Creed is not known for extremely long-lasting fragrances like some other houses. I think Creed runs the gamut in terms of longevity. I only get a few hours from Neroli Sauvage, Erolfa, and Royal Mayfair; but I get a full day from GIT, Himalaya, and Bois du Portugal.

All of the creed fragrances I have last well past 24 hours. YMMV, but I have pretty dry skin and most scents that disappear for the masses do so for me, but Creed runs long and strong. I own about 10 of their scents. Granted I do not own their lighter scents (Mayfair, Erolfa, etc.).

Interesting variations. I do not find Creed to be particularly long lasting, nor particularly short either. I suppose Silver Mountain Water seems to have legs as well as sillage.

Top Bottom