What's new

Which company would you choose?

Connaught. They don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping or hyper-inflate the costs of all the European drug-store shave stuff I love to use, like Proraso and Tabac. It all depends what you like to use though!

Support your local bricks and mortar if you have one and they’re not trying to rip you off. Other than that, cut out the middleman and go direct to the manufacturer where ever possible. Simpson, Plisson, Shavemac, Timeless, Ralf Aust, Mike’s, Martin de Candre, Czech & Speake, Saponificio Varesino. These guys sell direct and will look after you. Often they will make you custom items and they are the best placed to answer questions.

The English Shaving Company is the one I buy from. They stock quality product, prices are decent and customer service is impeccable.
I tried several other vendors, they were all good but somehow I always go back to TESC.

Maggard has great service, really good selection and reasonable shipping cost.
Brad gets it.
WCS and Connaught and Amazon are good too.

Another vendor with whom I have had nothing but positive experience with is Griffith Shaving Goods. Matt and his wife are great at customer service. Their product line is somewhat different than some of the larger stores like Maggard and WCS. I have purchased straight razors, strops, razor hones, etc. from them, but they also carry DE razors and blades, brushes, soaps, etc.

The English Shaving Company is the one I buy from. They stock quality product, prices are decent and customer service is impeccable.
I tried several other vendors, they were all good but somehow I always go back to TESC.

They have terrific customer service! There’s no better vendor to have both Antica Barbieria Colla and MdC shipped across the pond. With total price including shipping sub $50.

Then there’s Connaught who sells all the classics such as Tabac and Haslinger for half the price of what we pay in the states.

Two outstanding European vendors. Orders arrive to my home in the US in less than a week, all for about $5 shipping.

Top Bottom