What's new

Which common Gillette adjustable is best

Which is the best common Gillette Adjustable

• Total voters
I thought I’d do a poll to see what the B&B community feels is the best common Gillette adjustable; the Fatboy, the Slim Adjustable or Super Adjustable/Black Beauty? This poll is for members who have used all 3 mentioned razors and leave a comment about why you chose which razor you did. Toggles, Red Dots, Bottom Dials, etc are not included because those models are more rare than the Fatboy, Slim and Black Beauty are. I’d have to choose the Slim Adjustable as my choice because the head is slimmer than a Fatboy head; making the Slim easier to get under my nose.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I vote the Slim as it is a comparitively delicate and refined precision shaving tool. The Fatboy by contrast is a vulgar, overpriced, clumsy, sledge hammer, with a head that is too thick to comfortably use under the nose. Its biggest sin, for me, is that it is frankly rather boring. Don't let that put you off 😂

Here’s my favorite from Gillette.
Gibbs is my favourite adjustable, but this is off topic.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I vote the Slim as it is a comparitively delicate and refined precision shaving tool. The Fatboy by contrast is a vulgar, overpriced, clumsy, sledge hammer, with a head that is too thick to comfortably use under the nose. Its biggest sin, for me, is that it is frankly rather boring. Don't let that put you off [emoji23]

I wouldn’t share the same opinion, but hey, can’t argue with yours. Whatever suits you best! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In Gillette, vintage OC 3 piece razors get 95% of my love. Can't judge the SA, as I have never used one.

But I apparently need to contribute my 2¢ anyway.

I want to prefer the Slim to the Fatboy. It is more elegant, it is the less popular/overpriced, and the head is not so tall. Sadly, I get better shaves from my Fatboy.

I vote the Slim as it is a comparitively delicate and refined precision shaving tool. The Fatboy by contrast is a vulgar, overpriced, clumsy, sledge hammer, with a head that is too thick to comfortably use under the nose. Its biggest sin, for me, is that it is frankly rather boring. Don't let that put you off 😂
Everyone's an art critic.
Fat boy. Bold, brassy, masculine. The Slim is too ladyike, submissive, under confident.
Ok, but really, Fat boy.

Top Bottom