What's new

Which cheap chinese razor to get?

Yintal Brass one of the best razors I have and I have a lot of high end razors.
I have it also (the chromed version) nice weight but the handle is way to long for my taste. Tried it 2 times with a Sputnik blade and it was more brutal (but efficient) than my Merkur 37C slant with the same type of blade. More testing have to be done.....
I also have a Futur QShave clone which has an alignment issue (sides not even) and is to rough for my taste.

I had the same with my first futul. It was askew. But the second top notch!

I have also seen kamisori clones on Ali (with feather or with a half de) anyone tried one of those? Just as an adition to shave under my nose

Which QShave? Some people are talking about QShave as if it's a single model but it's a company that sells multiple models.

Sent from my PC using a keyboard and mouse
I'm pretty sure everyone is referring to the Futur clones when they mention the QShave and Ming Shi in this thread. Especially as the post you quoted was straight after a post that specifically mentioned the QShave Futur clone.

I'm pretty sure everyone is referring to the Futur clones when they mention the QShave and Ming Shi in this thread. Especially as the post you quoted was straight after a post that specifically mentioned the QShave Futur clone.

Some of us like our MS 3000S also, the Frankenstein Monster of razors.

There are also multiple variant clones of the Futur, all have their little quirks.

I would like to get my first adjustable. Im confused as to what to get. Thinking about a Futur clone to experiment with. Im a newbie. So I dont want to spend a lot, just to find out that I dont need an adjustable. But if the quality is bad. And the blade is not riding right in the razor. then I would be no better off then I am now.

The Futur clone blade alignment problem. Is that obvious? Or could it trip me up.

The Futur clone blade alignment problem. Is that obvious? Or could it trip me up.
If you get one with alignment or gap problems, then it'll be obvious.

Looking from the top, you might see more of the blade showing on one side or the other. Then, looking from the side, blade on, you might notice that the gap is uneven (i.e. the top cap is tilted).

Sometimes you can fix one or both issues by turning the cap, flipping the spring over, or using a shim. Have a look at this thread which discusses those fixes.

On the other hand, you might get a razor that has none of those problems. My Futur clone is perfectly aligned with an even gap. Worth every penny of the $8 that I paid for it. :wink2:

Top Bottom