What's new

Which cheap chinese razor to get?

Anything to recommend? I keep seeing people rave about the Baili BD176. Is this the best one?

Or something else from Mingshi or something?

I prefer a 3 piece because, believe it or not, I don't own a single 3 piece razor.

I have never had great experiences with these Chinese or Russian razors. They are inexpensive and especially if you get them from Aliexpress but in the end they are not nearly as good as some of those "name brands". The Futur clones are as good as the original and Yintals are good mild razors. If you want anything efficient and don't want to break the bank the "house brands" from Maggard or WCS as well as Fendrihan or Italian Barber (Razorock) would be my suggestion.

Best of luck AJ

None. You can get a Feather Popular for less than $20 and a Merkur for less than $25 from reputable sources. Leave the $6.99 razors to those who love adventure.

Some of those $6.99 razors are being rebranded and sold for $40 by "reputable" vendors.

I have used three different Baili razors. Two were - and still are - excellent, mild yet pretty efficient designs that I would not hesitate recommending to any novice (BD176 and BD179). The third one, BD171, is a bit harsher but still perfectly usable and AFAIK it's an early model that has pretty much been discontinued.

None. You can get a Feather Popular for less than $20 and a Merkur for less than $25 from reputable sources. Leave the $6.99 razors to those who love adventure.
What adventure? Baili QC has been equal or better than Merkur in my experience, and paying even $20 for the plastic Popular seems to me absurd given other options for vintage brass adjustables.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
What adventure? Baili QC has been equal or better than Merkur in my experience, and paying even $20 for the plastic Popular seems to me absurd given other options for vintage brass adjustables.

Yup you can get vintage adjustables cheap, but what guarantee do you have that any particular one is working as originally designed? You don't. As a new wet shaver go with something tried and true, then when you know what you are doing, experiment with all the bargains you can find. Then you have some basis on what sux and what's worth the bux.

Yup you can get vintage adjustables cheap, but what guarantee do you have that any particular one is working as originally designed? You don't. As a new wet shaver go with something tried and true, then when you know what you are doing, experiment with all the bargains you can find. Then you have some basis on what sux and what's worth the bux.
Personally I'm not a fan of adjustables but buying on BST here is a pretty low risk proposition. There is nothing "tried and true" about a Feather Popular , certainly no more so than Baili 176/RR DE1 which in my view is hard to beat.

Are there any cheap chinese open comb?

And I don't want the futur clone. I have it and I hate that thing.
The Yaqi DOC aka Razorock SLOC comes to mind.
proxy.php

Top Bottom