What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
530BF42E-2DF7-47CC-B85B-4930A719511F.jpeg

Gillette Blue 3 Disposable (13).

IMG_3803.JPG

Gillette Black disposable (2). Second shave was definitely better than the first. Not quite as good a shave as a Mach 3, but the pack of three was $1 at Dollar Tree and I wasn't able to resist giving them a try.

Razor: Gillette PII Trac II handle
Blade/Cartridge: Personna Twin with lubricating strip (Trac II compatible) (shave 6)
Brush: Omega Sintex synthetic
Soap: Palmolive shave stick

Don't tell the guys over on the SE (that's were I spend most of my time) but due to a rash on my neck caused by having to wear surgical masks for 12 hours plus each day, I went with he Wilkinson sword hydro 3 (UK model). Its got around 7 shaves on it and I keep it for just this kinda emergency. Used noxema menthol goo. Nice and smooth.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Don't tell the guys over on the SE (that's were I spend most of my time) but due to a rash on my neck caused by having to wear surgical masks for 12 hours plus each day, I went with he Wilkinson sword hydro 3 (UK model). Its got around 7 shaves on it and I keep it for just this kinda emergency. Used noxema menthol goo. Nice and smooth.

You can hide out here as long as you like Stu, we won't tell.

This thread is not very useful. Why? a very important detail is missing - the beard type!

If you have a thin and soft beard, maybe you can reach 30-60-100 shaves.

In my case (coarse) any cartridge works max 5 times. ex BIC Comfort 3.

This thread is not very useful. Why? a very important detail is missing - the beard type!

Gillette Mach 3 Disposables work for me. I don't have a thick beard but I have sensitive skin. I can get maybe 6 shaves form one razor.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

Thanks for your input. Like everything on this forum, Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV). We do all have different beard and skin types. I can regularly get lots of shaves from cartridge razors. I have been able to get 157 shaves from a Gillette SkinGuard and 105 shaves out of a BIC Flex 4. The best that I have ever received from a DE blade was 21 from a Feather. We have members on this forum who can get over 100 shaves out of one DE blade but cannot get 10 shaves out of a cartridge razor. Everyone’s experience is different.

Top Bottom