What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Schick Quattro ? shaves cremo sandalwood scent hand lathered, nivea asb with added sandalwood oil, straight razor for mustache and Side burns.

image.jpg
Bic disposable / Barbasol Aloe / Clubman. 2 pass +. 1 day growth.
After more than a year with a Rockwell / Cella (brick) / boar brush I pulled out my old typical kit minus the afta. That was a super fast shave. Closeness equal to 2 plate on the 6c, I think. I am a 4 plate man , but will load up a 2 plate tomorrow to compare.

View attachment 1154754 Bic disposable / Barbasol Aloe / Clubman. 2 pass +. 1 day growth.
After more than a year with a Rockwell / Cella (brick) / boar brush I pulled out my old typical kit minus the afta. That was a super fast shave. Closeness equal to 2 plate on the 6c, I think. I am a 4 plate man , but will load up a 2 plate tomorrow to compare.
Nice minimal shave set up, and gets the job done

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5. I don't know how many shaves are on the cartridge as it was there on the razor when I came to use it. For the sake of argument we'll call it shave 1. Here's the set-up:
Kit: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (1) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.
I haven't used a cartridge for ages but still managed a very comfy low-end DFS. :thumbup1:

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5. I don't know how many shaves are on the cartridge as it was there on the razor when I came to use it. For the sake of argument we'll call it shave 1. Here's the set-up:
I haven't used a cartridge for ages but still managed a very comfy low-end DFS. :thumbup1:
Very nice basic set up

Started out with the Hydro 5 today but it wouldn't remove the whiskers on my cheeks properly. I used a Gillette Platinum in a Rockwell 6c on R6 to achieve this - so a hybrid shave today. Very good result, though.

A brand new cartridge delivered a low-end DFS. It is interesting to see that, although the shave is not quite as close as with a double-edged blade, it is also much less damaging and causes significantly less irritation. It is also quicker to perform a shave with the Hydro. I love the way that you can push back the gel reservoir so that the blade head fits into smaller spaces with ease (upper lip, for example) and for precise edging. There are fors and againsts for both cartridge and DE but for now there is definitely room for both tools in my shave den.

A brand new cartridge delivered a low-end DFS. It is interesting to see that, although the shave is not quite as close as with a double-edged blade, it is also much less damaging and causes significantly less irritation. It is also quicker to perform a shave with the Hydro. I love the way that you can push back the gel reservoir so that the blade head fits into smaller spaces with ease (upper lip, for example) and for precise edging. There are fors and againsts for both cartridge and DE but for now there is definitely room for both tools in my shave den.
Like always pros and cons with both.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (3)/Rockwell 6cR6, Gillette Platinum (2) :thumbup1:
Hydro 5 for virtually everything. Touch-ups on cheeks with the Rockwell.

Top Bottom