What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

My most efficient cartridge razors are schick xtreme 3 and st2. Can’t go wrong imo.

I was amazed by the schick. I normally use DE’s or Gem’s. When I am lazy or in a rush I reach for Trac II. I ran out of the Trac II carts and I had a package of these Schick 3 Xtreme Reloads, from a Christmas stuffer. Suffice it to say it did an amazing job it might bump the the Trac II for me. I will have to see how long the cart can last.

I was amazed by the schick. I normally use DE’s or Gem’s. When I am lazy or in a rush I reach for Trac II. I ran out of the Trac II carts and I had a package of these Schick 3 Xtreme Reloads, from a Christmas stuffer. Suffice it to say it did an amazing job it might bump the the Trac II for me. I will have to see how long the cart can last.
Imo better than tracII, I had one xtreme3 last over 20 shaves, I do shave every day

Wilkinson Sword/Schlick Quad, 14 shaves. Still BBS with no, or little, irritation. I shave face and neck only with 4 passes.

Today was a Bic Flex 5 disposable that I ran across in one of my travel kits. First shave on the razor and it was excellent.

The Bic Flex 5 Hybrid is probably the best cartridge razor I've used, and the disposable version is equally as good. Both provide an effortlessly smooth shave, and I keep coming back to them. I just wish I didn't have to order the carts from Amazon; no store around me carries the carts by themselves, just the package with the handle.

The Bic Flex 5 Hybrid is probably the best cartridge razor I've used, and the disposable version is equally as good. Both provide an effortlessly smooth shave, and I keep coming back to them. I just wish I didn't have to order the carts from Amazon; no store around me carries the carts by themselves, just the package with the handle.
I remember people saying the bic flex 5 was not that good when it first came out, things do improve!

My first razor was a Wilkinson just like this one. I think these came out in 1970 so I must have picked mine up around then. I have read that these are the first cartridge razors on the market. The head is very much like that of an injector and there is only a single quality blade. Upon moving to Hawaii a few years later, I couldn't find replacement cartridges so I bought a Schick injector. I decided to buy this particular razor just to take a short trip down memory lane. It shaves and sounds like an injector!

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Catridge (1)
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200730_083653.jpg

My first razor was a Wilkinson just like this one. I think these came out in 1970 so I must have picked mine up around then. I have read that these are the first cartridge razors on the market. The head is very much like that of an injector and there is only a single quality blade. Upon moving to Hawaii a few years later, I couldn't find replacement cartridges so I bought a Schick injector. I decided to buy this particular razor just to take a short trip down memory lane. It shaves and sounds like an injector!

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Catridge (1)
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
View attachment 1133054
Very impressed, I have not had the chance to use this razor. I started with a gillette twist to open, wish I bought one.

Today was a GII with Trac II Plus cartridge (second shave) and hand-lathered C.O. Bigelow. Smooth, close, and easy, the way it should be.

Razor: Bic Flex 5 Hybrid (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Smooth, easy, and close. 9/10

Top Bottom