What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
ACDE6AF7-FBC6-44A6-A5B3-B2391BF22E3B.jpeg
Gillette SkinGuard (45).

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
45 shaved out of 1 cart ?

I hadn't tried these in awhile, how do you compare them to say a sensor ?

THANK you !!!
I have not used a Sensor in a long time. I quite like it (SkinGuard) as the blades are some distance apart so clogging is really not an issue in my case. I have only washed the razor once in our equivalent to Scrubby Bubbles. I bought the SkinGuard for half price on special. The replacement blades are quite expensive out here in Australia but if you can get (in my case) up to 50 shaves per cart then it works out okay price per blade use wise.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have two, a mach 3 with the vibrate thing, and a Sendor excel, someone on ebay had the excel carts like 100 for some amount and I got that.

Just out of curiosity, when using the carts do you guys still do brush lather etc? Or canned goo? Or like a latherless like Creamo?

I use brush and soap when using carts too! I think this is a factor for me in that the cartridge shaves are really good now and the blade last extremely much longer than before I learnt about all the tricks and techniques shared on this forum.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
When I use Cartridge Razors I pretty much always use soaps and creams and a brush. Even if I use canned foams or gels I still use a brush. I have used the odd brushless cream but 99% of the time it is brush, soap cartridge razor.

Double digits (10 shaves) on a Wilkinson Bonded Blade. If I can get to two weeks worth of shaves on a cartridge, it will justify paying for the NOS refills I got for the razor. Anything beyond that is cake.

Top Bottom