What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

50% is not bad, will have to recondiser and maybe get one, any particular brand you'd reccoment?
Just use a piece of old denim, or a silicone hotpad if you have them in your kitchen. There was a denim cartridge razor strop on Etsy.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Maybe I am doing it ineffectively?
a few questions for anyone who finds stropping helps at all-
when do you start stropping - after the first shave or only when the cart starts to tug and shave less close?
do you wait for the lube strip to dry or right after using the cart?
how many strokes do you strop, do you apply pressure?

Twin Blade Tuesday

Second shave with a Sensor.

anyone else find 2 weeks or so is about the limit for a Sensor cart?

I'll see how I do with my run. I've been shaving with a store-brand Sensor knock off cartridge, not the Gillette original, after picking up a large haul from the discount shelf, a dollar a package. I think 7 to 8 shaves was average for those carts. At the price I paid, it wasn't worth it to stretch. This year I located some NOS Gillette Sensor cartridges and have already noticed a smoother, sharper shave. I'll be tickled if I can get a dozen shaves.

Twin Blade Tuesday

Gillette Sensor (4)
Artisan Lemon Aloe Vera glycerine soap
Balea boar, face lathered
Nivea Deep

Exceptional shave. What I wished I had known about cartridge shaving the first time I used them, back in the 80s and 90s, was the importance of a slick lather. But I know that now and am reaping the benefits. Today's soap was a home-crafted glycerine soap my wife picked up for me somewhere, craft fair or the yoga studio she attends. I was just going to use it as a pre-shave, but it lathers fine.

face shave #1.... now on to a dozen head shaves....
DSC_2320.JPG

Twin Blade Tuesday

Gillette Sensor (4)
Artisan Lemon Aloe Vera glycerine soap
Balea boar, face lathered
Nivea Deep

Exceptional shave. What I wished I had known about cartridge shaving the first time I used them, back in the 80s and 90s, was the importance of a slick lather. But I know that now and am reaping the benefits. Today's soap was a home-crafted glycerine soap my wife picked up for me somewhere, craft fair or the yoga studio she attends. I was just going to use it as a pre-shave, but it lathers fine.

The addition of a soap and brush to the cartridge routine has changed everything, Ive found my cartridge choices to be pretty affordable as well it's been a great experience

Top Bottom