What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Fifth or sixth shave on a Bic Flex5 Hybrid, L'Occitane Cade soap. Pretty darn good shave and these carts seem like they last forever.

eight shave - Sensor original handle, TOBS, BBS/DFS no irritation, excellent shave, will see how long this Gillette cart will go before irritation gets noticiable or shave is not close.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
313FE92B-185B-49D8-97FD-A102A90FC2E9.jpeg
BIC Flex 4 (7).

Sensor 16 shave and just too dull to complete, switched out to a new Sensor Excel cart which gave the usual BBS/DFS, anyone else find 2 weeks or so is about the limit for a Sensor cart?

Sensor 16 shave and just too dull to complete, switched out to a new Sensor Excel cart which gave the usual BBS/DFS, anyone else find 2 weeks or so is about the limit for a Sensor cart?

I do as well, more or less, even using something like Razorpit/Blade Buddy. I suspect the blades don't have the best coatings.

I do as well, more or less, even using something like Razorpit/Blade Buddy. I suspect the blades don't have the best coatings.
I was thinking of getting a Razor pit have also tried stropping on various surfaces and it does not seem to extend cart life, yes the coating is probably the issue, but for a dollar more or less, 7 or 8 cents a shave is an acceptable cost for me. do you find any difference between the Sensor and the Sensor Excel, if you have tried both?

I was thinking of getting a Razor pit have also tried stropping on various surfaces and it does not seem to extend cart life, yes the coating is probably the issue, but for a dollar more or less, 7 or 8 cents a shave is an acceptable cost for me. do you find any difference between the Sensor and the Sensor Excel, if you have tried both?

It's been a while since I used the regular Sensor cartridges. I don't believe there is any difference in blade life.

The Razorpit is worth getting just because it will remove the soap scum and hard water deposits from blades. But expect only about a 50% increase in cartridge/blade life as realistic.

It's been a while since I used the regular Sensor cartridges. I don't believe there is any difference in blade life.

The Razorpit is worth getting just because it will remove the soap scum and hard water deposits from blades. But expect only about a 50% increase in cartridge/blade life as realistic.
50% is not bad, will have to recondiser and maybe get one, any particular brand you'd reccoment?

Top Bottom