What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Dorco Twin (6) on Atra handle
Dollar General Twin (1)for me on Schick Ultra+X handle.
So are the Dorco Twin and the DG Twin the same blade?
CF2CBE08-35F6-403F-BA48-E1A5F6C19284.jpeg

It came with 6 cartridges and a blue and white plastic handle so it’s like the Dorco equivalent of the Bic Flex 2 I guess.
Very very smooth and comfortable shave (much smoother than the Flex 2) but noticeably less sharp than an original Contour blade or the super cheap Cien Twin from Lidl.
I got 21 excellent shaves out of my 1978 original Contour blade so let’s see how long the Dorco can go...

... further research reveals this is a rebranded Dorco TG-II / Pace 2.
Excellent!

Last edited:
Dollar General Twin (1)for me on Schick Ultra+X handle.
So are the Dorco Twin and the DG Twin the same blade?View attachment 1031872
It came with 6 cartridges and a blue and white plastic handle so it’s like the Dorco equivalent of the Bic Flex 2 I guess.
Very very smooth and comfortable shave (much smoother than the Flex 2) but noticeably less sharp than an original Contour blade or the super cheap Cien Twin from Lidl.
I got 21 excellent shaves out of my 1978 original Contour blade so let’s see how long the Dorco can go...

... further research reveals this is a rebranded Dorco TG-II / Pace 2.
Excellent!
I am a bit confused. I have bought Dollar General twin carts, those were made by Personna and used them in Atra handle (they are OK'ish). Then I got Dorco Twin carts to use in the Atra , those are better. On a different note I have bought a Bic 2blade cart system and those are not good for me and not compatible w Atra handle.

I am a bit confused. I have bought Dollar General twin carts, those were made by Personna and used them in Atra handle (they are OK'ish). Then I got Dorco Twin carts to use in the Atra , those are better. On a different note I have bought a Bic 2blade cart system and those are not good for me and not compatible w Atra handle.
Thanks - turns out my razor is the same as Dorco TG-II/ Pace 2/ DSC Humble Twin.
And I agree that the Bic Flex 2 was pretty harsh on the first shave.

Dollar Shave Club humble twin. Today is Tuesday sooo...two shaves so far this week. I'll use it until Friday and then replace on Monday. Usually don't shave on weekends.

Razor: Gillette SkinGuard #12

Soap: Vi-John Tropical Lime Shaving Cream

Brush: Razorock Disrupter 22mm

Harry's razor, first shave, Harry's shave cream applied by hand not brush. very close, BBS without irritation. excellent shave, I think I will be staying with this cart and shave cream every day until it gets unusable.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Bic Metal / 1

Great shave. @Razorcan called this the equivalent of a Schick Injector in a disposable format and I think I'm inclined to agree. It shaves very close, closer than the Gillette Guard. It will go ATG for me on my neck and upper lip. Not all razors are up to that task.

I've been shaving mostly with my DE and SE razors, but I have to say this is certainly one to pack for travel if I don't have checked baggage.

Trac II, because I’m traveling this week. Also:

Haslinger Schafmilch soap
Yaqi Tuxedo
Thayers Cucumber WH (travel size)
Clubman Classic Vanilla AS (travel size)

Gillette Sensor Excel. 7th?
Still quite smooth-with minimal prep.
Musco Real cream for the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillette SkinGuard #16

Razorock Disrupter 22mm Synthetic Brush

Grapeseed Oil PreShave

Gillette Regular Shaving Cream from India

Alum Block & Aloe Vera

Top Bottom