What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
How far do you think bic flex 5 can go?
I think I will find out. It's been awhile since I've used a modern, so I dug mine out and will start using it tomorrow. If you read my posts in the past, the Flex 5 is one of my favorite moderns. I think I have about 5 shaves on this one so I will start counting from there.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Pulled out the Bic Flex 5 today. I'm starting the count at 6. Did a very excellent job. Even used canned foam to go all out. Tomorrow, I'll be using a brush and soap but it was a fun departure.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I’m going for 70. That might see it out. I seem to get better shaves on the weekends when I use creams.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
520E7A5D-DB97-4F85-8F9E-C66766EC8EDE.jpeg
BIC Flex 4 (68).

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Bic Flex5 (7)
Nancy Boy Cream applied by hand, no brush
VERY little Nancy Boy Balm - very good Balm, but it has a lot of aloe, so I go exceedingly thin to avoid the stickiness that aloe can sometimes give me. That is the very reason I don't like Thayers Witch Hazel. The aloe ruins it.

I've done a split shave L/R and reversed same today. On one side the Flex5 and the other the Gillette Guard. (two days of that so incrementing the shave number on the Flex5 by one)

There is almost no difference between the two sides. Either razor did a barely perceptible better job here or there on each day and not consistently here or there, so I conclude the shave to be equal for all practical purposes.

The Flex5 is nicer to use in just about every way, better handle, better ergonomics. I slightly prefer the feel of the Guard though. It just glides a bit easier. Five blades do drag a bit and I don't think there is much that can fix that drag except fewer blades.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Inspired by ajkel64 impressive BIC4 I revived the Fusion ProGlide to see if I can use it a little more.
2 WTG passes with some ATG/XTG touchups. 68 shaves.
Nice. You'll both need to make display cases and hang them on the wall if you make 100 or even 75 for that matter. Rather disputes the idea of going broke buying carts though. Thanks for wrecking that idea ;)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
89F824C3-C1D4-42CF-81DD-0F18DB7AB6DB.jpeg
BIC Flex 4 (69).
Two small weepers today that disappeared with a good cold rinse. I am still thinking of going another week. Tomorrow will be shave number 70, it does feel a little tuggy but using good prep and good soaps and creams it still cuts my whiskers good enough for me.

Top Bottom