What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

First shave on a fresh Mach 3. As soon as I've used these carts up (one more after this), I'm switching over to the Bic Flex5 Hybrid for an extended trial.

I might go back to my Gillette Slim Adjustable and Personna Blue Comfort Glide blades. I get a better irritation free shave that lasts as long as a cart. My sensitive skin feels a lot better.

Atra w DG #2 head and face shave, still OK
I must admit, the DG handle is horrible, has a different angle and the shave is subpar. Using an OEM Atra handle is OK. I have NOT used Gillette Atra carts the past 30ys.

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_182415.jpg
    IMG_20190713_182415.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Mach 3 turbo (6) maybe my last. I took a year respite from traditional wet shaving; however, I long for my merkur 34c, so I just purchased some feather blades and a jar of TOBS Eton College. Looks like I'm getting back in the game.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Nice. It came with 2 carts. They have a lube strip and a button for cleaning out between the blades like the Schick Twin disposable. I think these readily take the Atra compatible carts. I really like the curve to the handle. Gives you a ton of clearance on the face.

Sensor/Sensor Excel (2)
View attachment 999522
A phenomenal shave!
But is it better than the Contour...
... I just don’t know...
I just picked up one of these on the auction site NOS sealed in packets. I wonder when Gillette changed from the thin rubber ribs on the handle to the thick ones like on yours. My one i just bought looks like yours. A lot of sensor excels ive seen have thin gray ribs. My Sensor (non excel) has thin black ribs.

Oh and in answer to your question. Hate to say it but I think the Sensor wins vs contour, but only by a little. By that i mean if i could only use a contour/atra for the rest of my life i would be happy. Same with Trac II or Sensor. All 3 are great.

I got 4 different cartridge new razors the other day, one is a Schick Tracer; I see the replacement carts have a prohibitive price. Are they any good? Are there any cart options for these....or is it going to be a 2 cart (included) deal and then over.....

N.O.S. Gillette Techmatic from 1966, original cartridge, second blade position (1). I actually shaved with this yesterday, in honour of the Apollo 11 launch (50th) anniversary. They shaved with the Techmatic in outer-space!
Techmatic 2.JPG

Nice. It came with 2 carts. They have a lube strip and a button for cleaning out between the blades like the Schick Twin disposable. I think these readily take the Atra compatible carts. I really like the curve to the handle. Gives you a ton of clearance on the face.
I have a friend with an Ultra and on his particular razor the Personna and Dorco carts don’t pivot properly, only the OEM Schick carts do.
Does anybody know which carts will work fully with the Ultra?

Top Bottom