What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Quorum 22ct / Cien Twin (3)
A8AA7780-704A-42BA-92E8-2745A90ACDA8.jpeg

Nice 80g handle.

Personna Caliber-5 (Motion Core)
Schick Quattro Titanium (3)
Maggards 24mm Plissoft Synthetic
Stirling Lemon Chill/Lime SS
Stirling Lime AS (Mentholated)

BBS everytime with this setup.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Quorum 22ct / Cien Twin (4)

That Quorum handle is beautiful but very slippy in wet hands.
I put some electrical tape round the neck to remedy this but it needs a more permanent fix.

And that blade has settled in very nicely on its 4th shave and is now satisfyingly smooth.

N.O.S. Gillette Techmatic from 1966, original cartridge, first blade position (7). The whiskers are starting to challenge the blade. Time to move on. Still, Gillette claimed you'd get a week's worth of shaves and damn it, they were exactly right!
Techmatic 2.JPG

trac PII (without the lube strip) on a Taconic handle, second shave, smooth irritation free BBS, as good as Sensor and Atra on Taconic handles. Anyone else find this work well? How about with the Trac II Plus with the lube strip?

Quorum 22ct / Cien Twin (5)

I gave the handle some extra and much needed grippiness by adding some adhesive gems!!
It grips great now:
6F1FD4B1-5DBF-442E-9604-C63651871636.jpeg

474DA834-3A85-4F1D-9C25-2FB619480AEC.jpeg

Very interesting! I’ve been shaving with Trac II and Contour exclusively for a couple of weeks now and totally loving it!
I’m intrigued to find out what it will be like coming to the Sensor after this, especially after hearing your experience.

Gillette sensor (9) still feels great although just a tad less sharp than it was in the beginning but still a great shave . I could easily get another few shaves out of it but life is too short and I have other razors to try .

I am a huge Trac II and Atra fan after discovering them a couple months ago . (My huge hoard of Trac II/Atra Carts that I have amassed is testimony to my respect for the systems . BUT the sensor is an amazing system. What’s interesting is that the sensor was my first non disposable razor system I used when I started shaving as a teenager . Like most people I didn’t have the first clue how to shave properly and I don’t recall being all that impressed with the sensor back then .

Fast fwd to today and will my 6 years of DE experience and using better soaps and a brush and this sensor is giving fantastic and consistent nick free and irritation free shaves .

Highly recommend people try it.
Only downside is that there aren’t that many diff handles to choose from although the standard Gillette sensor (non excel) is a work or art .
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with you FaceScraper. The Sensor is a great system, and the Atra and Trac II come very close. FWIW if you want an inexpensive and heavy handle, Taconic makes one for the Sensor, as well as ones for the Atra and Trac II, I have them and they give me a smoother shave, with less chatter, and the weight lets me leave the pressure to the weight of the razor. Well worth the value, IMHO.

Used a Schick Hydro 5 Disposable with Edge Ultra Sensitive shave gel. Too much goo (snot) for a close shave. It was comfortable though. This needs more shaves to fully evaluate.

Ralph Lauren “monogram “ silver plated Trac II system razor , Vintage Gillette GII (1)

I love the look of this razor but I have to admit the head angle , heavy weight (105g) and relatively slippery handle made for a nervous shave . I generally hold my razors very lightly and use a feather touch so felt different with such a heavy handle .

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom