What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Reed & Barton Atra sterling handle , vintage Gillette Atra non lube (3)
The Reed sterling handle is really nice .
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That handle does look very nice indeed!

Thanks . It has some weight to it and even though there is no knurling, the square shape of the handle gives it decent grip and control.
proxy.php
proxy.php

On a mini vacation quick shave and out the door:

Gillette Skinguard
Arko shave stick
RR Plissoft brush
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel post shave

Not a bad shave at all, 2 pass WTG/XTG

Colibri Ambassadeur/ Wilkinson W II (1)
5C5127F8-A2E6-46E5-8BF8-866E2BA28A94.jpeg

This razor is 7” long, weighs 94g, is gold plated and the handle is made out of stone!
Bizarre yet also amazing.

Reed & Barton Atra sterling silver handle , vintage Gillette Atra non lube (5)

One more shave to go and it will have reached my minimum requirements of a week's shave.

Gillette Contour (1)
5C131542-5632-4D8B-829F-AA84775D19A3.jpeg

Sublime!

NOS blades are always a bit of gamble.
My first original Contour blade this century was a bit rough to begin with and by shave #3 had become unusable.
This second blade however is sharp sharp sharp and smooth smooth smooth.

Reed & Barton Atra sterling silver handle , vintage Gillette Atra non lube (6)

Still smooth but 6 shaves is all i require from my vintage blades. I think i could get 1 or 2 more quite easily, however, i will be trying out a new blade tomorrow.

NOS blades are always a bit of gamble.
My first original Contour blade this century was a bit rough to begin with and by shave #3 had become unusable.
This second blade however is sharp sharp sharp and smooth smooth smooth.

I love NOS blades but i do agree. My first Schick Super II Slim blade was pretty bad. Rough from day 1. Threw it away after day 3. My gillette trac II ,Atra and Wilkinson Sword NOS blades have been great so far. Will try another Schick Super II slim from the same packet probably tomorrow.

Sensor shave 12, and last, no irritation, but not as close as I prefer.
I love NOS blades but i do agree. My first Schick Super II Slim blade was pretty bad. Rough from day 1. Threw it away after day 3. My gillette trac II ,Atra and Wilkinson Sword NOS blades have been great so far. Will try another Schick Super II slim from the same packet probably tomorrow.
may be a foolish question, - how do you ID NOS carts? Lookin for Sensor and Atra--do you accept seller claims on the bay?

Sensor shave 12, and last, no irritation, but not as close as I prefer.

may be a foolish question, - how do you ID NOS carts? Lookin for Sensor and Atra--do you accept seller claims on the bay?
Good question! Obviously if they’re still sealed.
Otherwise I just take a gamble based on the seller’s claim.
It’s always a chance if they’re not sealed but personally I think that’s OK :)

Top Bottom