What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

I got this today just so i could try out the Sensor ... might be interesting. Seems very small, way smaller than the mach3 and the Gillette Fusion.

Attachments

• $326965393.jpg
    $326965393.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 194
It's better than either, IMO, although I tried something new today. The Schick FX razors came and went, and I missed them until they were off the market, but I have one now, and it seemed quite as good as my Sensors. It has an additional degree of flex that really worked very well on the end of my chin that has always given every razor trouble. It came with two cartridges. This was my first shave with either one.

I used Nivea Sensitive Skin Face Wash, then Proraso Green, face lathered, using my VdH Badger brush, and just Dickinson's afterward. Seems to have done a really good job with a minimum of fuss.

The Sensor Excel is my favorite cartridge razor. I always get a smooth, long-lasting shave from it. Once I work through the rest of my Trac II and Guard carts, I'll probably go back to it.

EDIT: Keeping on track, my shave today was a Gillette Guard, first shave on a new cart.

Last edited:
The Sensor Excel is my favorite cartridge razor. I always get a smooth, long-lasting shave from it. Once I work through the rest of my Trac II and Guard carts, I'll probably go back to it.

EDIT: Keeping on track, my shave today was a Gillette Guard, first shave on a new cart.

The FX has been the first cartridge of any kind to challenge the Sensor, and I think it has beaten them on the end part of my chin, that always needs more clean-up, follow-up strokes. I'm going to have to test it back to back against the best of my classics, the Schick I & J Injectors.

Last one of these monstrosities I had was a Fusion and I always tried to get too many shaves out of one and ended up after just a few shaves having bad shaves. I most recently had one of the middle of the road Dollar Shave Club cart setups and it was acceptable.
However now that I have gone into DE shaving I have discarded all my Fusion/Mach.x/Hydro/other handles save for one. I do a certain bit of manscaping that I am not yet comfortable doing with a DE razor so I have kept the Green Gilette Manscaping razor for that.

For the last year or better I have been shaving my armpits to more effectively get deodorant onto my skin to make it actually work and I just shaved them with a DE yesterday and LOVED it.

I may have to try the Tracer FX. I've used their Hydro 3 and 5 razors but they were only OK.

Today's shave was a Gillette GII handle and Trac II Plus cartridge on its first shave.

I may have to try the Tracer FX. I've used their Hydro 3 and 5 razors but they were only OK.

Today's shave was a Gillette GII handle and Trac II Plus cartridge on its first shave.
Today, I shaved the right hand side only, with that same Diamond Edge FX cartridge. It got very close, but I believe the I-1 with its Schick blade, is going to win. I will swap sides tomorrow, use the same prep, the same shave cream (Tabac).

Incidentally, the Bump Fighter handle, IMO, is a great handle for a Trac II type cartridge.

I didn't have soft water, and tried the tap water, but the results were generally below average. I didn't want to get dresssed, and go outside to get a jug of rain water, or at least check to see if there's one without much algae in it . .

So, I'll repeat today's split shave, tomorrow.

For nostalgia sake I recently shaved with gel and a new excel cart.

I was surprised at how uncomfortable an experience it was.

Still searching for the ideal cart shave for travel. Gillette guard is one I hope to try.

For nostalgia sake I recently shaved with gel and a new excel cart.

I was surprised at how uncomfortable an experience it was.

Still searching for the ideal cart shave for travel. Gillette guard is one I hope to try.

I found that the Personna Caliber 3, also sold as store brands, worked rather well for me and with the carts being about $1 a piece in the stores here it's not a bad travel option. Even if I can only get 4 or 5 good shaves per cart it's not too bad since I don't expect much from carts these days.

Gillette Fusion for head shaving. Not sure how many shaves on it since I rarely use it. Results were fine, but really don't like the pulling/tugging anymore

How do you like that Pace 3 compared to the Pace 6?

The problem with answering that question is that the Pace 3 I have is an actual cartridge razor whereas the Pace 6 I used was a disposable. In order to give a crystal clear answer I would have to use a Pace 6 cartridge razor instead of the disposable. But I liked the Pace 6 disposable much better (one less pass and it seemed smoother). I had no problems shaving off 4 days of beard growth it's just the Pace 3 felt different on my face (I can grow a beard in 5 to 7 days). I am going to shave with the Pace 3 for at least 3 more shaves to see if my opinion changes.

Today was the Dorco Pace 3 (second shave).

The problem with answering that question is that the Pace 3 I have is an actual cartridge razor whereas the Pace 6 I used was a disposable. In order to give a crystal clear answer I would have to use a Pace 6 cartridge razor instead of the disposable. But I liked the Pace 6 disposable much better (one less pass and it seemed smoother). I had no problems shaving off 4 days of beard growth it's just the Pace 3 felt different on my face (I can grow a beard in 5 to 7 days). I am going to shave with the Pace 3 for at least 3 more shaves to see if my opinion changes.

Today was the Dorco Pace 3 (second shave).

That's interesting. I thought that you had used the pace 6 cart and surprising that you got such great shaves with a disposable. Does the disposable type have that extra trimming blade on it?

That's interesting. I thought that you had used the pace 6 cart and surprising that you got such great shaves with a disposable. Does the disposable type have that extra trimming blade on it?

I don't think so. I don't have that Pace 6 anymore so I can't even look at it to verify. I checked on ebay and none of the auctions say anything about a trimming blade. I will eventually buy from Dorco USA and I plan on buying a few packs of the Dorco Pace 6 cartridges (without the trimmer - I don't use the trimmers) among other things.

Last edited:
The Pace 3 does not have the trimmer. I have been using the 4 for a while now. I can get a good 2 weeks out of it.

Right side of face - Dorco Pace 3 (3 shaves)

Left side of face - Gillette Mach 3 (1)

Very close to a tie and in Dorco Pace 3 favor. I got some nicks on the Gillette side.

Top Bottom