What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Vector3 (1)
6E9D3160-704B-4A2D-8696-2000B43C3FC2.jpeg

A surprisingly good handle and a very nice shave.

Started today with a Gillette Fusion 5 in the Flexball Power handle, after first pass it was too irritating, so after 8 shaves it was done, finished with my Harry's which also had 8 shaves on it and it was also done. Killed 2 carts in the same shave today.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
How is the Pace 7?
I’ve got to be honest that I find the Pace 6 a little draggy across the head with all those blades crammed together but it’s such a fantastic result that I can easily forgive it.

Never having used the Pace 6, I think your assessment is in line with how I find the 7. I've found I prefer slicker and thinner lather with this. 7 blades is a lot of surface area and with a soap with a lot of cushion, you can't get good contact with the face. I've got a Hydrosense 5 and Fusion that I need to compare it too.

Never having used the Pace 6, I think your assessment is in line with how I find the 7. I've found I prefer slicker and thinner lather with this. 7 blades is a lot of surface area and with a soap with a lot of cushion, you can't get good contact with the face. I've got a Hydrosense 5 and Fusion that I need to compare it too.
Thanks - that makes sense.
I wonder if there’s any appreciable difference in feel or result between the 6 and the 7.

Vector (1)
4F61C5C0-D9EE-4EEC-83AC-EF649149AEEC.jpeg

Despite it’s cheapness, lightness (15g), flimsy construction and weird anachronistic push-to-clean tab this really was a very very good shave indeed.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks - that makes sense.
I wonder if there’s any appreciable difference in feel or result between the 6 and the 7.

So today I used the Pace 7 on one side and the Schick Hydrosense 5 on the other. Looking at the two razors, the Dorco has 7 blades in the same amount of space as the Schick.

The Schick does not drag as much, but until going side by side I didn't notice the vast amount of lube the Schick put out. A lot more than I like. I like the handle feel and the weight of the Dorco better and it does shave a very small bit closer. Some might prefer the Schick because it does glide smoother, but the Dorco isn't too draggy to me.

Neither razor clogs for me. Dorco apparently did something right design wise as the closeness of the blades you would think that it would clog, but it doesn't.

I shave daily and think if I had more than a couple days growth, I'd do a first pass with a single or double blade cart and then use the Pace 7 on the final (second for me) pass. I shave 1 pass WTG and 1 pass ATG. XTG gains me nothing, the only exception being my mustache area, there I do XTG as well.

Tomorrow, I will pair the Dorco against a Gillette Fusion.

20190528_144336.jpg

So today I used the Pace 7 on one side and the Schick Hydrosense 5 on the other. Looking at the two razors, the Dorco has 7 blades in the same amount of space as the Schick.

The Schick does not drag as much, but until going side by side I didn't notice the vast amount of lube the Schick put out. A lot more than I like. I like the handle feel and the weight of the Dorco better and it does shave a very small bit closer. Some might prefer the Schick because it does glide smoother, but the Dorco isn't too draggy to me.

Neither razor clogs for me. Dorco apparently did something right design wise as the closeness of the blades you would think that it would clog, but it doesn't.

I shave daily and think if I had more than a couple days growth, I'd do a first pass with a single or double blade cart and then use the Pace 7 on the final (second for me) pass. I shave 1 pass WTG and 1 pass ATG. XTG gains me nothing, the only exception being my mustache area, there I do XTG as well.

Tomorrow, I will pair the Dorco against a Gillette Fusion.

View attachment 985039
Very interesting comparisons.
I agree Dorco has really got something right with their design. Good handles and the blades give a very nice result.
My Pace 6 shave was on two days growth and it was slightly draggy but not unbearably so.
I wouldn’t try it on 3 or 4 day beard though - as you say less blades would be better then.

First shave, Mach3, again cannot get a close shave with it, barely SAS under chin, neck. Did a fourth pass with my Sensor, which already had 8 shaves, and got near BBS.
So far the Gillette Fusion5, Harrys, Sensor and Atra give good very close shaves, I am noting how many good shaves each cart gives. Have a TracII on order to see how that works.

Top Bottom