What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

For my head shave , I prefer the Barbasol twin blade the best I’ve used. Dollar Tree store 5 for $1.
For the price , I don’t believe how good this works. Get about 7 head shaves , could probably get more. At that price how can you go wrong ?

Bought Mach 3 Sensitive again. I forgot how good that plastic handle is. Great shave, but as I expected not as sharp as DE. DE spoiled me.

Mach 3 Sensitive (3rd), Balea boar brush, Palmolive soap, Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave. One pass plus touch up results withgreat, comfortable shave.
Starting to really like the setup. Of course new brush is mandatory.

Last edited:
I have been using a Schick Hydro 5 Sense for the last 9 shaves and have been very impressed with it. Nice and smooth. No tugging. Three passes for a bbs shave and no irritation on my neck. I can’t seem to get those results from any other cartridge razor. I have also been using Walmart’ Equate brand sensitive shave gel with it. First time for me to try both these products and am very happy with the results.

Used Gillette Guard for both face and head shaving with about 3 days growth and it mowed it right down. About 5th shave total on it

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Result; CCS in one pass plus touch up on lower neck
5th shave

picked up a Barbasol 6 on sale awhile back been using it here and there, it's the same as the Dorco Pace 7/ DSC executive blade, but to my surprise they are not interchangeable. Used it today for maybe the 10th shave, I like it does a decent job. My only gripe is the edger blade sucks and the head it too big to get under the nose.

Dorco Pace 6 with the power handle for the second and third passes, a GEM Bullet Tip for the first pass, and a Gillette Shaving Foam for sensitive skin.

Dorco Pace 6 with the power handle for the second and third passes, a GEM Bullet Tip for the first pass, and a Gillette Shaving Foam for sensitive skin.

I did a similar mix/match shave myself this morning. Weishi with personna blade first pass, Pace 6 second pass. Went with team blue s on this hot day,Cremo cooling as preshave, paired with Barbasol Pacific rush menthol shave cream, finished with heavily mentholated AV classic .

Harry's razor, second shave, had a handle and cart used once several years ago, came across it, thought I would give it one more try before chucking it. Got a great irritation free, 3 pass BBS. Used Nivea original shave gel which I find extremely slick. Will try this combo again tomorrow to see if this was some kind of fluke.

Harrys Razor, 4th shave. Still shaving close, seems to work best with a thin, slick lather, like Nivea Shave Gel, Trader Joes Shave cream not quite as slick, a bit more drag. Will run thru Cremo, Kiss My Face in the next few days to see how they perform with this razor.

Head shave: Gillette Guard (2) for the first pass with 7 days growth. Then.. Heavy metal Parker Atra TracII with Personna Tracii Cart (3) for another two passes. Face: 1931 Gillette GoodWill /PolSiver (3) ingram cream. Proraso Green After Shave. Kent BLK12 SilverTip. (great head shaving brush!). A nice bbs shave all around.

Top Bottom