What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Gillette Fusion for weekend air trip, fresh blade, shave was amazingly great!!

cella simpson wee scot gillette fusion may 7 2018.jpg

Gillette Guard (2)
Tabac soap

3 day’s growth was nicely removed with 2 passes and light blade buffing. No irritation whatsoever. I love how this razor doesn’t clog up and it rinses easily. Have read where others are unable to get BBS with this cartridge but for me it happens when I blade buff using very light pressure. And I timed this shave at 5.37 minutes.

Gillette Guard (2)
Tabac soap

3 day’s growth was nicely removed with 2 passes and light blade buffing. No irritation whatsoever. I love how this razor doesn’t clog up and it rinses easily. Have read where others are unable to get BBS with this cartridge but for me it happens when I blade buff using very light pressure. And I timed this shave at 5.37 minutes.
Why the (2) ?

It’s a way of showing how many times the blade/cartridge has been used.
Look at the post above mine. It shows he has used the blade (9) times.

Mach3, 2nd shave using the 'new, sharper' blades, with Trader Joe's shave cream. A very good shave, not quite as close as my fusion Proglide, but no irritation like I sometimes get from the Proglide. Want to test how long the new Mach3 carts hold their edge

Mach3 3rd shave Trader Joe's shave cream, this cream seems to give the closest, irritation free shave of any I have tried with a cart. I put a quarter sized amount on a synthetic brush and get plenty of coverage for each of three passes. Anyone else use Trader Joe's ?

Gillette sensor, new old stock standard sensor cart. Gillette Lemon/Lime canned goo. First time I have used this razor in years. Found it in my college stuff so decided to give it a go. My DE gives a better shave but the sensor is faster and gives an acceptable shave.

Decided to chuck a NOS Gll lube cart on my vintage Gll handle. Been some time since I used it but wonts not to like.

fusion proglide 15th shave, with Arko a smooth, no drag shave but slightly less close under my chin, a few touch up strokes took care of that

Top Bottom