What's new

Which Boar Brush Should I Get?

So I've been thinking about getting a boar brush. I don't want anything to expensive, just something to try to figure out what the hype is all about. I know that there are plenty of good brushes out there like the SOC and the 820 but frankly, I don't want to have to wait for a break in period, and 2) I don't really want to drop $45 into an addiction that is already getting out of hand :D I do really like the look of the SOC anyways lol. It's taking all of my willpower to not buy a new one lol. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what boar brush to look into and why.

For a good cheap Omega a 10049 or a 10066 (my two faves). For the Semogues, either a 1305 or an SOC. The SOC truly is the best boar brush I've ever owned.

The B&B boar is great but you will need to wait until the next batch or find one on the BST. Highly recommended as far as boars go.

SOC for under $30 shipped from various vendors is the one to get.

no worries for paint chips, nice solid handle, no stickers to peel or fade, beautiful natural knot, softens up like crazy.

if it doesn't work out, they sell for that much used on the BST

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the feedback. It is truly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for the feedback. It is truly appreciated.

Post a WTB in the BST and ask away. But watch the prices, As sometimes it's cheaper to buy new, but a used boar will likely be already broken in. So depending on what you want, it may be worth it or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Post a WTB in the BST and ask away. But watch the prices, As sometimes it's cheaper to buy new, but a used boar will likely be already broken in. So depending on what you want, it may be worth it or not

I know, but I attempted to sell some items 6 days ago. And the grueling wait begins :p

For a good cheap Omega a 10049 or a 10066 (my two faves). For the Semogues, either a 1305 or an SOC. The SOC truly is the best boar brush I've ever owned.

I have the Omega '49, also known as Professional, and highly recommend it. Costs about $10, and loads like nobody's business.

I know that there are plenty of good brushes out there like the SOC and the 820 but frankly, I don't want to have to wait for a break in period.
????????????
Are you on your death bed?

Okay, tell me what brush you want and for $100 I'll break it in for you. Trust me, I'm good at this.

Last edited:

no worries for paint chips, nice solid handle, no stickers to peel or fade, beautiful natural knot, softens up like crazy.

+1 If you like the looks of the SOC, then you will end up with one eventually anyway.... so I'd go for that one. In fact, I did..... and guess who suggested it to me?.... This guy ^^^^^^ right here. I'm glad I listened because it's a great brush.

Ben

Further to my other thread, you could try the No.1 brush sold by Bestshave.net from turkey. It's a bit outlandish though. If you don't like it, you can paint your house with it.

They're a bit hard to find, but the Edwin Jagger boars are very good - they only make two or three varieties because they specialize in badger in the various grades. Otherwise, the Omega ones are difficult to beat at the price. Oh, and the Vulfix 'Burlington' is a good, standard boar as well.

The Omega 49 is my first brush and I'm very happy with the performance and softness of the broken-in tips. The break-in period wasn't long (and it keeps getting better with each use) but be warned, the new brush had a FUNKY FUNKY smell. The hollow plastic handle leaves me wanting something more substantial but at that price, it's not a huge concern.

When the bug bites, I'm considering upgrading to a Semogue SOC or a Omega 11126.

In response to Tom from Sydney, Shoe Box Shave sells Edwin Jager boar... http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/edjabo.html

I'd suggest the Semogue 1250 from Vintage Scent. Feels great in the hand, lovely wood and breaks in very quickly.
Omega Pro 49 is also a great brush, especially for the price.

Jeff

But where is it for 30? I can only seem to find them for the likes of 40-45 and I don't want to spend that much. I know vintage scents has it for much cheaper but they supposedly have a very long ship time :(

Top Bottom