What's new

Which blade works best with Rockwell 6C?

I just got into wet shaving and got my Rockwell 6C 3 weeks ago.
I am wondering which blades works best with the Rockwell on setting R4 cause that's my preferred setting till now.
I have tried a few blades on it such Voskhod, Bic, Wilkinson Sword (India).
I am thinking of trying it with Rapira blades next.

Let me know what are you experiences so far

I use GSB after trying a few others. Consensus I got when researching before I got mine was that the Rockwell is less finicky about blades and shaved well with most. But I’ve only tried a few. GSB being a good compromise of sharp and smooth

I like Astra SP (Superior Platinum, also known as Astra greens), and yes, they work nicely in the Rockwell 6S or 6C.

That's not to say that you'll like them, though.

Minimedic is right, Rockwells are not finicky. If blades can't give you a decent shave in that, then they're even less likely to be good in other razors.

PS, I can never decide whether I like R4 or R5 better. R6 never felt like it was any better than R5, but then I am a daily shaver.

Last edited:
I just got into wet shaving and got my Rockwell 6C 3 weeks ago.
I am wondering which blades works best with the Rockwell on setting R4 cause that's my preferred setting till now.
I have tried a few blades on it such Voskhod, Bic, Wilkinson Sword (India).
I am thinking of trying it with Rapira blades next.

Let me know what are you experiences so far
Hi mate. Hope you're well.
From my own experience with this awesome razor, it seems to work with pretty much all my blades.
I think you'll enjoy using the Rapira Platinum Lux with this razor. It's a little sharper than the Voskhod and just as smooth.

Like someone else mentioned, there's no telling whether somebody's blade recommendation is going to work for your face and lather and hair type and all those other variables. It's best just to find a blade sampler and try them all and see what hits.

And since you're new, if you find one that works well, I would actually stick with that one for a while until your technique improves, before you start branching out and playing around too much.

I started with a Rockwell 6C as well. I tried several different blades and settled on Astra SP. There may better blades for me but these work while I work on my technique. Even though I am a daily shaver I am still learning almost 6 months later. The lightest touch is very important but I’ve had revelations lathering as well. I may go back to try some of my samples in future but the Astras are fine for me. It is all a personal journey but we all appreciated your experiences.

Cheers and welcome.

Thanks for the kind advise everybody. I will work on my technique and experiment on all the blades suggested.
I can't wait to share my findings with you guys :))

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I would recommend sharp blades up to a Feather, as the Rockwell is always on the mild side.

Gillette Nacet
Gillette Platinum
BIC Chroma
Feather
... and because I currently use it for everything, Gillette 7 o' clock Super Platinum (black) maybe as well. I haven't evtl used it in the Rockwell yet, but so far I like it a lot.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
An imponderable question without considering the shaver himself.

It's the combination of blade, razor and shaver that largely determines the quality of a shave. What may have yesterday been a slice-and-dice blade could become tomorrow's dream blade as your technique improves.

For me, sharper blades seem to perform better. My preferred plate is R4 if that matters. The blades that ended as my favorites were: Feather, Kai, Bic, and interestingly Wizamet. In the beginning I used tryablade.com to grab singles or tucks of blades to try. Now I have a nice collection.

But blades are the most ymmv part of shaving. Enjoy your shaving exploration!

Enjoy testing.
For me Astra Superior Platinum works very fine. I usually use it on R4.
Other blades may require different plates.
I'd recommend to use always use the same soap during testing.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great suggestions here. In addition to Nacet, gsb and astra sp I’ll add Kai.
So many great blades to try. The problem is avoiding the temptation (B&B requirement) of getting them by the 💯

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have an outlier perspective. Yes, very sharp blades like Feathers work very well in very mild razors, like Feathers. However, in my experience less sharp blades work well in very mild razors, too. My takeaway is that whatever blade you like best will likely be just fine in most any razor.

Top Bottom