What's new

Which blade should I use next please?

DCF475C9-2515-4A1C-9530-4194B8D462B2.jpeg
Good morning all.

Here are some other brands in my sample pack I haven’t tried yet.

Any suggestions which one I should use for a forthcoming shave please?

Whichever one gets the most recommendations will be selected and the results posted accordingly.

Jason

View attachment 1349955Good morning all.

Here are some other brands in my sample pack I haven’t tried yet.

Any suggestions which one I should use for a forthcoming shave please?

Whichever one gets the most recommendations will be selected and the results posted accordingly.

Jason
All 4 are excellent. But I've not come across anyone who doesn't like Nacet blades. They are definitely one of the best available. I've been wet shaving for over 25 years and I've tried over 45 different blades. Nacet is right up there. Wizamet is also fantastic.
Once you're done with these 4, try out others like Personna Lab Blue, Personna Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux.
Most, if not all Russian blades are very good.
Enjoy your journey!

All 4 are excellent. But I've not come across anyone who doesn't like Nacet blades. They are definitely one of the best available. I've been wet shaving for over 25 years and I've tried over 45 different blades. Nacet is right up there. Wizamet is also fantastic.
Once you're done with these 4, try out others like Personna Lab Blue, Personna Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux.
Most, if not all Russian blades are very good.
Enjoy your journey!
Thanks for your detailed reply. I apologise but the Voskhod is out of the question as I didn’t like it at all. I think there are some Personna blades (both red and blue) in my sample pack. I’ll take a look.

Jason.

Thanks to all for your replies. It looks like the Nacets are gaining traction but I'll wait until my next shave which will be Monday 25th October as my 39c Sledgehammer shaves SO close; it takes ages for my beard to grow back!. A kind question to all of those who have mentioned Nacets; what is it about them that you like so much? Your replies as always are most welcome.

To summarise, my next shave will be on the 25th October which gives my beard ample time to grow back. You have until then to suggest what blade I should use out of the 4 in that pic which I posted!

Jason.

Thanks to all for your replies. It looks like the Nacets are gaining traction but I'll wait until my next shave which will be Monday 25th October as my 39c Sledgehammer shaves SO close; it takes ages for my beard to grow back!. A kind question to all of those who have mentioned Nacets; what is it about them that you like so much? Your replies as always are most welcome.

To summarise, my next shave will be on the 25th October which gives my beard ample time to grow back. You have until then to suggest what blade I should use out of the 4 in that pic which I posted!

Jason.
Firstly, they are very sharp and they continue to sharpen over the next 2 shaves. Feels that way to me and I believe many other guys notice that. Secondly, they're very very smooth.
It holds it's edge very well. Long lasting blades.
They're also very affordable. USD10 for a pack of 100 is awesome.

Let me know what you think of the Nacet. As a new wet shaver, very sharp blades leave me with irritation. I’ve tried Nacet and found it a tad harsh.

I find them sharp enough to cut my grey whiskers, last 5 to 7 shaves so it lasts me a week and smooth on my face. Plus the cost is right. Hard to beat that.

It depends on how thick your beard is. If you need the sharpest one, then Nacet. I like the Wilkinson's but my beard is probably comparable to what most of you guy's growth was at 13 years old.

It 's all about what YOUR face needs.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I really like the nacets as well nice sharp blade and for me buttery smooth with no irration. But with everything YMMV.

Top Bottom