What's new

Which blade is the smoothest for you?? Not the closest or best blade - just the smoothest

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I would put BIC Chrome Platinum and Nacets up in the same category as Feather, at least after the 1st shave. On the other hand, I would put Astra Super Platinum just to the right of Voskhod, but not so far as Derby. But as you say, everyone is different.
I did not have a lot success with the Bic C.P. the first shave was good and then the blade was unpredictable and so I found them not to my desire.( will revisit) .The Astra S.P are better than Voskhod for sharpness and longevity but for smoothness you could be right.

Currently for me;
1. Gillette Platinum
2. PolSilver Super Iridium
3. Gillette Silver Blue
4. Gillette Nacet
5. Personna Platinum Chrome
6. Gillette 7 O'CLOCK Green SS
7. Astra Superior Platinum
8. Voskhod
9. German Wilkinson Classic
10. Shark Super Chrome

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Smoothest blades :
-first place goes to Voskhod (no surprise there)
-second place Diamonds Pro Excell, very rarely mentioned. Might be a rebranded Derby or similar since I've read they are made by the same factory.
-Third place tie between Rapira Swedish Supersteel and Bic Astor
-for a good balance between sharpness and smoothness Gillette Platinum, SuperMax Super Platinum, Astra SP.

Smoothest blades :
-first place goes to Voskhod (no surprise there)
-second place Diamonds Pro Excell, very rarely mentioned. Might be a rebranded Derby or similar since I've read they are made by the same factory.
-Third place tie between Rapira Swedish Supersteel and Bic Astor
-for a good balance between sharpness and smoothness Gillette Platinum, SuperMax Super Platinum, Astra SP.
+1 Voshkod

Top Bottom