What's new

Which blade is the smoothest for you?? Not the closest or best blade - just the smoothest

Astra SP were the smoothest for me. Lacked a little in sharpness so went with GSB which is quite smooth. I throw the blades after 4 shaves. Not sure on these guys that get 10 or more shaves from a blade. I want BBS so that affects things too.

Shark SS so far for me.

Astra SS lasts longer but isn't as smooth.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

If you like Shark SS, you might want to try the recently released Shark Platinum blades. The Super Chromes are not sharp enough for my beard, but I find the Platinums to be both sharp and smooth. And they are only $10 per 100 blades.

If you like Shark SS, you might want to try the recently released Shark Platinum blades. The Super Chromes are not sharp enough for my beard, but I find the Platinums to be both sharp and smooth. And they are only $10 per 100 blades.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give the new Shark Platinum a try.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Kai has been smooth and sharp in everything from the Gillette Flat Bottom Tech to the Blackbird.

Others that fit the bill include Personna Israeli Platinum Red, Bolzano and Personna Med Prep.

The Feather is sharp and smooth initially but is not long lived - 3, 4, 5 shaves and it goes from exceptional to just okay.

YMMV

Zorrik Platinum,
Rapira Platinum Lux,
GSB,
Personna Reds,
Feathers,

For me my top 5, in that order.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Personna Israeli Reds and Gillette Silver Blue are consistently the smoothest blades for me no matter what razor I use.

ymmv but every vintage Gillette, Schick, Personna, and Wilkinson I use is smooth like there's no blade in the razor. Besides the extraordinary longevity they all have, weepers are so rare they've gone from legend to myth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom