What's new

Which blade did you toss today? After how many uses?

One half of a GSB blade in my Leaf Twig-Thorn, after 12 shaves.

I probably should have let it go after the 10th shave. The last two shaves were OK but not up to the high GSB standard in smoothness. I considered trying another shave or two, but I’m spoiled.

The other half blade is installed and ready to go.

Astra SP 3 uses. I can and have gotten 4 and 5 uses out of them but it doesn't feel the same or I get weepers so I just discard after three (they are so cheap).
Funny because when I used to use carts I would use those things up to a month trying to get every shave out of the expensive suckers that I could. I would shave long after the lube strip was worn off.
For reference I shave every day.

Polsilver Super Iridium on it's ninth shave. Had a lot of life left, but, I keep dropping it in the sink. That can't be good for a blade.

Van der Hagen Stainless (1.5)
Very uncomfortable for me, could not finish my 2nd pass
Maybe you should have "corked" it. I did that with a Vokshod, made a big difference! VDH has been pretty good for me. With them, is you find 1 bad blade in the tuck, on occasion. Shaved with VDH for quite a few years. Used the TTO VDH razor, from WalMart.

Maybe you should have "corked" it. I did that with a Vokshod, made a big difference! VDH has been pretty good for me. With them, is you find 1 bad blade in the tuck, on occasion. Shaved with VDH for quite a few years. Used the TTO VDH razor, from WalMart.
Thank you for the advice. I’ll give it a go on its next rotation 🙏

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Feather DE half-blade after 5 x 3-pass shaves in a shavette. Tomorrow I will be back to shaving with traditional straight razors for a few months before I'll start shaving with the other half. DE blades aren't cheap you know.

Gillette Platinum (7)

IMG-3924_DSC_3738.JPG

Top Bottom