What's new

Which blade did you toss today? After how many uses?

Polsilver Super Iridium (14)

IMG-2281.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
1980’s Wizamet Iridium Super with an unknown number of shaves. At least two dozen shaves on-and-off for the last 18 months or more. Lost track of the shave count months ago. I used this blade for my last 5 shaves in a row, then dropped it on the vanity yesterday. Figured it was time to retire it and pull out another. There was no sign that this blade was losing its edge. This next one I will use more frequently and track the shaves on a 20 sided die. And be more careful to not drop it. 😎

Much as I love my Personna Reds, they apparently cannot be pushed beyond a certain point. Normally I toss all 8 of my blades, clean the razors, and reload with new blades on the first of the month. This month I thought I'd experiment to see if I could go a bit farther. So, with 3 shaves from March on the Personna in my Slim, I tackled a 36-hour beard for a 4th shave.

I did not like it. The shave itself was close, with no irritation, but I was uncomfortably aware that I had been sweeping sharp steel over my face. I binned that blade and loaded a new one into the Slim for later this month.

Top Bottom