What's new

Which blade did you toss today? After how many uses?

A Wilkinson Sword, Made in England, from the 1960s. I think I got about ten days on it. The first few shaves were the best shaves I have ever had. Pity they don't make these blades anymore, only vastly inferior blades with the same name...

A Wilkinson Sword, Made in England, from the 1960s. I think I got about ten days on it. The first few shaves were the best shaves I have ever had. Pity they don't make these blades anymore, only vastly inferior blades with the same name...

I 100% agree with you! The current Wilkinson Sword blades are a far cry from the "Made in England" blades. Why can't they bring back those?

Polsilver Iridium after 8. It was still smooth but wasn't getting results while blade-buffing. I'm impressed with this brand's longevity.

Vintage english Wilkinson Sword - 48, 2 1/2 pass shaves. These seem to be about the same as Feathers for me, with maybe one or two more shaves. I'll be doing a head to head soon alternating between one of these and a Feather.

Bolzano (3) - Possibly a fluke. Sampled a handful of other German blades and got 5-6 shaves easy on all of the others.

Voskhod, after one use. It's the first time I've tossed a stainless blade after only one use. But that's because it's the first dud I've shaved with. One edge was smooth and sharp as could be, while the other edge did nothing but tug at my face. Annoying.

Top Bottom