What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Razor: Blackbird sb
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi synthetic 28mm
Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano
Rating: 10

An irritation and nick free bbs shave again with this combo. I usually bin a blade after 3 uses but this one still seems ok so I’ll use it again. For a change I palm lathered and got a dense, slick result with a beautiful sheen, I’ve tried bowl, face and palm lathering now with this soap and all have produced a great result. The post shave face feel is excellent with this splash and I also really like the scent. The Blackbird continues to be by far my favourite de razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201125_072919~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
Blade: Silver Star (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Fragrance: Enforce Homme Eau de Cologne Spray (ParfumsBelcam version of Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce)

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent shave. :cool:

I’m on the fence with the Brass Blackbird. I love the open combs i already own (Razorock SLOC, Jaws and GC OC). I’m guessing to go for both heads and sell what i don’t care for as much or use as mentioned earlier in the thread. My question is to Black Bird owners, what is the preference for handle length? My gut is saying going for the shorter 85mm but I’m curious if the 101mm makes for more efficient zero pressure shave due to more weight?

Any preference for blade handle? I’m placing an order tonight and not sure i want to spend an extra $70 for the 101mm handle and then decide it’s too big and heavy.

Any preference for blade handle? I’m placing an order tonight and not sure i want to spend an extra $70 for the 101mm handle and then decide it’s too big and heavy.
Wow, that's quite a premium. Yes, I really like the long handle. Same with my Karve, which is the same length. But it's a personal preference for sure. I have very large hands and long fingers. Great choice of razor. I really like the brass 'Bird.

I'm jealous. I paid more than that for a used one a while back, thinking that they would not be offered again as they were out of stock for so long. But it was for a good cause, and it's exactly what I would have ordered, SB with long handle. Enjoy!!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’m on the fence with the Brass Blackbird. I love the open combs i already own (Razorock SLOC, Jaws and GC OC). I’m guessing to go for both heads and sell what i don’t care for as much or use as mentioned earlier in the thread. My question is to Black Bird owners, what is the preference for handle length? My gut is saying going for the shorter 85mm but I’m curious if the 101mm makes for more efficient zero pressure shave due to more weight?
IMHO, the 101mm handle is required. It makes the Bird shaving perfection.

The 85mm is by far the most popular handle and outsells the 101mm by a large multiplier. Having said that, a fair number of customers are die-hard long handle fans and can’t imagine the Blackbird with anything but the 101mm. If you’re really on the fence I recommend buying it with both handles and returning the one you like least. Otherwise, go with the 85mm because the odds are in your favor.

The 85mm is by far the most popular handle and outsells the 101mm by a large multiplier. Having said that, a fair number of customers are die-hard long handle fans and can’t imagine the Blackbird with anything but the 101mm. If you’re really on the fence I recommend buying it with both handles and returning the one you like least. Otherwise, go with the 85mm because the odds are in your favor.
Thanks i didn’t know you offer returns that is very considerate. I made up my mind and do what makes the most sense. Buy 2 brass Blackbirds, one with open comb and 85mm handle, the other one sb and 101mm. I’m assuming these are interchangeable? Anyone mix parts together like a brass blackbird head with a ss dart handle etc.?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
20201126_111935~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Post-shave care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Original Stetson
Fragrance: Original Stetson Cologne

Really outstanding Thanksgiving Day shave! :)

Does the black oxide bird have a matching stand i.e. are they the same finish? I assume so but have not seen a pic.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Clubman Friday
20201127_061652~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: Geo F. Trumper's Limes
Aftershave: Gabel's Aftershave Lime with Menthol
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

Outstanding shave! :)

Top Bottom