What's new

Which ATT Razor?

I currently shave with Gillette adjustables set at 7 and my Mergress at 3. I shave wtg and atg. Should I get the "r" or the "h"?

I use the R heads, smoother for me
the H heads just drag more for me.
I find little or no difference between H&R Plates for closeness of shave..

Thanks,
Curt

That is a tricky question. My Fatboy @9 is nothing compared to my R2. I think my M2 is close to my Redtip.

I known the gaps are the same between the closed and open comb ATT plates, but they feel different. I had an S1 and S2, and without a doubt the S1 was milder and less effective.

If you like your adjustable at a higher setting, I would recommend an R over H.

Now you can see a comparison chart on the ATT site. Or better yet, pm Stan. He is a very nice guy to deal with.

I like aggressive razors and shave daily. When I use my Slim it's 8 or 9. I went with the H2. Very smooth but not aggressive enough for me and have not used it since getting the .095 Timeless. My most used razors are the ikon Tech and Charcoal Goods level 3.

ATT are great razors. I find the H plate incredibly aggressive. Thus, I would recommend R1 or R2, which are also quite aggressive.

(If the R plate is not enough for you, then just swap it out for the H plate... Stan is great to work with and will swap out plates to find what you need).

I'm a daily shaver, and when I reach for ATT its usually the M2, ocassionally the R1. YMMV

Last edited:
Just to reinforce your decision, I've exclusively been using an R1 since last Christmas and sold all my other razors because it's all I'll ever need. It. Is somewhat aggressive so. I think you made the right choice!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I like aggressive razors and shave daily. When I use my Slim it's 8 or 9. I went with the H2. Very smooth but not aggressive enough for me and have not used it since getting the .095 Timeless. My most used razors are the ikon Tech and Charcoal Goods level 3.

How does the timeless compare to the tech and L3? @JimL911

From Labor Day to New Year's Day the M2 was my almost daily driver. It was NOT BBS everyday, but close. It could also be a daily driver because it was efficient enough to cut the whiskers without scraping off a dermal layer or two. The M2 was nearly a RAD killer for me; then I read a Glenn Conti post. So...great daily shaver or acquisition fever.
Good luck,
Tom

I don't think you are going to like the R or the H plate as they have less rigidity than Gillette Adjustable, which is not all that great for ATG! They have plenty of blade exposure though. You might want to consider the ATT SE1 or SE2.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
ucts, other stuff burns me really bad or doesn't work as good as alum products..An you can use on your face aft

The .95 is quite efficient but very smooth. To me it feels only slightly more aggressive than an 89 but removes whiskers like a Fatip. I just like to feel the blade which is why I sold it and kept the other two.

Sorry to nitpick, but I am trying to decide between a couple different razors and any help is appreciated!

Would you say the timeless .95 was about equal in efficiency to the Charcoal L3 OC, then? From your quotes above it seems they are equally efficient, but the charcoal is more aggressive and you can feel it more. is this correct?

Sorry to nitpick, but I am trying to decide between a couple different razors and any help is appreciated!

Would you say the timeless .95 was about equal in efficiency to the Charcoal L3 OC, then? From your quotes above it seems they are equally efficient, but the charcoal is more aggressive and you can feel it more. is this correct?
It is close. I find it easier to get BBS and it lasts longer with the Level3.

Top Bottom