What's new

Which area do you find trickiest to shave?

Which area do you find trickiest to shave to BBS?

• Cheeks

• Moustache

• Below lip and chn

• Left neck

• Middle neck

• Right Neck

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine is the corners of the neck, the hair grain combines to make a combo that no matter what hooking mechanisms or buffs, unless I wanna get a ****load of ingrowns and red marks, I aint getting BBS there.

I find shaving my adams apple with a straight to be my last trouble spot. I move the skin from side to side to make it easier but it ends up putting that stubble into a valley then that is almost equally hard to shave. I am going to do some experimenting with moving that skin up, but I don't know if I will be able to go far enough.

I don't have that problem with a DE, but I'm not about to give up straights!

Just curious why you differentiate between the right and left side of the neck. They seem exactly the same to me, and no, I'm not ambidextrous. Do some people have more trouble with one side than the other?

none of the above.

Too good :) but are all areas equally easy for you?

Adam's Apple, not one of the choices.

For this I meant the middle neck

Just curious why you differentiate between the right and left side of the neck. They seem exactly the same to me, and no, I'm not ambidextrous. Do some people have more trouble with one side than the other?

I think because people generally use one hand with DE so the other side is a little different positioning, interesting as the results show.

I was going to say under the corners of my jaw, but actually the part between my goatee and edge of my lower lip on either side is harder just because of the tight confines. I have a moustache though, so I don't have to shave the upper lip.

Although I get a BBS just about everytime, the goatee area plus the damn adam's apple are the toughest areas. The Adam's apple is the only non-BBS area consistently.

It's the top lip for me. I've learned to deal with my previous trouble spots - chin cleft, adams apple and the hollows in my cheeks, but I just can't seem to get a consistently good shave on my upper lip.

Today's is about the best I've had for a while, near perfect BBS really, but I used almost the same combination yesterday and was left with weepers and nicks (1949 Rocket/Indian Black - AOS pre-shave/Pecksniff's Citrus soap). It's generally better if I use a Tech, though the shave elsewhere isn't as good with this razor.

I've contemplated keeping a Tech on hand just for my moustache area whatever other razor I use for the rest of my face.

I find my moustache area to be tricky and if I ever get a cut it's usually there or on the side of my nostrils that get nicked.

But the hardest area for me is right at the base of my jaw / directly down from my ear if that makes sense. My beard tends to be much tougher there ans shaving that area almost always makes my face very very sore :cursing:

I don't mind leaving irritation or even a little stubble at the edge of my jawline below the ear... it's at the edges of the throat where I have issues.

Yesterday was annoying with some razor burn and minor stubble left... collar on my shirt was rubbing every time I moved. Had to use a single blade disposable in the shower to get it all cleaned up (the dollar store by the house still has the personna sensitive skin disposables in a 10 pack).

Well, in my case, lower left side of neck, grain goes more or less left to right (west to east) but on the right side of lower neck is completely opposite - right to left (east to west).

Also, I think that for people shaving with only one hand, the opposite side may present a challenge, at least at early stages. Should not be problem for an experienced shaver.

Last edited:
Just under the right side of the chin on the neck. I am right handed and have not perfected that area. I have tried using my left hand, but am not ambidextrous so it is somewhat difficult. Any suggestions? Or just keep practicing and try no to put pressure on the area?

Top Bottom