What's new

Which are the best Barbershop Scents?

I am coming to prefer barbershop scents over soaps and creams that have other types of smells. I like the good, clean, freshly bathed and shaved smell. I really don't like a lot of scents that make a man smell like a two dollar whore on Saturday night, as I posted elsewhere. So far, my favorites are Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato and La Toja. What other good clean barbershop scents are out there?

Oh boy - there are so many ….

Zingari Man “The Master” comes to mind first. Fantastic 💯 😎

8DDBD2F6-7659-468A-8EA3-E44E9A9B610C.jpeg

Barbershop scents are as diverse as Bay Rum scents. You never know what the maker considers as barbershop.

My barbershop as a kid smelled of cigarette smoke, coffee, Mennen Skin Bracer and talcum powder. I would love to find a scent like that.

I tried Stirling's version. Didn't like it at all. Baby powder heavy with something else that reminded me of cookies baking. Others love it.

Barbasol foam has a nice scent for a barbershop style. That's what PAA was trying to duplicate with CaD.

I really like the Stirling version. I haven't tried any others though:blush:. I would like to not end up with so much soap and whatnot that I can never use it all so if I like one that's plenty.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop
Zingari Man The Wanderer
Zingari Man The Master
Wet the Face Modern Barbershop
Castle Forbes 1445
Moon Soaps Union
Barrister and Mann Seville
Black Ship Grooming Classic

Last edited:
I guess we all have our own ideas of what a really good ‘barbershop’ scent should be like but the ones that most scream barbershop to me are the Paolo Barrasso Blue and Red soaps and aftershaves. And he is a master barber in Turin. the red leans more floral but both are superb barbershop scents. I believe they are made by TFS.

CEC77E6B-ADE5-40E9-9101-2FAC39A6239F.jpeg

I’m a fan of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber too. I love that, and it’s a slightly unique take on the theme. Love their aftershave formula too, and I find the Ghost Town Barber aftershave is my default go-to when I don’t have a direct match for a particular soap I’m using.

B9295722-E721-4A59-B0C0-88B96EC35B5B.jpeg

Last edited:
eleven Barbershop - very nice traditional barbershop
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber - a beautiful twist on the traditional barbershop
Barrister & Mann Seville - not traditional barbershop, but my favorite soap scent

Top Bottom